Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a thread about something you feel you're the only one who likes or dislikes something (movie, song, commercial, food, etc). Usually when I google "can't stand such and such" I get lots of pages of other people's comments saying they don't like it either, so that always makes me feel better :)

Here's a rarity though:

I'm sorry, but I just can't stand Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of Over the Rainbow. Just heard it again on a commercial and decided to see if anyone else didn't like it, and all I found were "I love it", "absolutely beautiful" and other positive comments. Maybe it's because of the fact that The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie, or the fact that Israel changes the lyrics, but I don't want to hear anyone else singing this besides Judy Garland, and I hear this other version too often. Can't believe seemingly every person on earth loves it, and some even think it's better than Judy's. (???!!!)

Ok, just had to vent :)

Anyone else feel this way about something?

·
Ambassador of Hugs
2,787 Posts
I'm a sucker for the uke, so I love that version, but it is in no way better than the Judy Garland version. The way he sings it doesn't quite work for me.

Anyways, for me, it is Garden State. I despise that movie with a fiery passion, but everyone seems to think it's a work of art. Am I alone on this one?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tune is actually nice, I think. If the whole thing was instrumental I wouldn't mind it so much. But like you, I just don't really care for the way he sings it.

And I haven't seen Garden State. No desire to, if that makes you feel better :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts