Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a freak because I have trouble talking to girls and that I am unexperienced. Am I the only one out there. I am sure it large in part due to my social anxiety. I am going to be going to college at Michigan State and am just so depressed about being away from home and being unexperienced with women. Advice or help would be excellent.

·
bye
810 Posts
I'm still a virgin but i'm not really in a rush. It'll happen when it happens.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
lol, no. There are plenty of virgins here that are way older than 18.

·
Banned
2,232 Posts
It seems that many young people think that not losing your virginity before the age of 20 instantly makes you a complete failure of a person. I know that involutary celibacy sucks (I'm still a virgin), but in my opinion there are more important things in life to worry about.

·
BadMistakesGoodIntentions
747 Posts
Nope you aren't the only one. It doesn't really bother me. I think it's better if I wait because if I wasn't one, I'd probably be feening for it every time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know a woman who is 46 and I bet money she is still a virgin...i bet my home on it in fact,...not a bad thing really, I think its better than being an Ho ho ho, lol!
Myhubby was one till he was 35 cause he did not believe in sleeping around and wanted to be in love...there are alot of people who are but they dont go around telling poeople they are, cause of fear of how people will respond, 18, nay, why worry bout that?

·
SAS Member
2,346 Posts
I'm 21 and I'm a virgin.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone. I've been getting better at having conversations with pretty girls I guess I shouldn't rush. A relationship is way more important to me than sex it is just I want to have it once so I can honestly say i've lost it. It's just nice to know i'm not alone and that others are in the same position (no pun intended). Would you say we are in the minority or is it just that some teens have sex and they just go bragging about it making others feel like they are in the minority when in reality a ton of others are virgins as well.

·
Currently Broken
1,231 Posts
I don't think there is anything wrong with being a virgin at 18 even for people without SA. It is probably better to wait anyway.

·
banana enthusiast
7,071 Posts
I felt the same as you when I was your age - virgin, unexperienced, felt like a freak, etc. But now, 10 years later.... nothing's changed. Still a virgin, and still have no experience with girls. It's not the lack of sex that bothers me, it's the lack of any closeness or even attention from a woman that makes me feel lonely at night.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.