Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I struggle with the question am I phobic or a solitary man. I don't mind being alone and although I'm nervous going to a party I am fine one on one.
I don't think I want to ever be a" social butterfly " but I would like more friends
Maybe my issue is accepting my solitary ways

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
:wel

It's okay to be a more solitary person, just make sure you get all the high quality social stimulation you need and deserve. You are a good person and should love and accept yourself no matter what. It's not events but the way we interpret events that disempowers us. Be your own best friend and you will get more friends.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I think this might be part of the problem from introvert sufferers of SA. We're constantly told that you need lots of friends, you need an active social life - how are you ever going to be a fun and fufilled person if you dont have these! But the key I think is tuning into your OWN balance. If you feel something is missing, you can work on finding one or two new friends as the goal. But dont feel pressured to need to be a social butterfly or go to parties etc if you really dont have that desire. Ive personally never felt the desire to party and have 100 friends - and I know that this is not because of fear, because I dont feel sad that I dont.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
but I would like more friends
this is enough to not make u an anti social person. u still crave for human contact when u are alone, anti social ones don't, they are fine all by themselves

1 - 4 of 4 Posts