Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have failed my semester at university, however I have been given the option to re-take the semester. While I want the opportunity to do this, I do worry that I will be out of place.

I turn 21 tomorrow; and if I re-take then I will be entering the second academic year in a couple of weeks. So I will be in year 2 of university at age 21. You're supposed to be 19/20 in year 2. So I will be two years older than all the other students.

I already have difficulty talking to people (hence why I'm on this site), but this will be made more difficult by being two years the senior of everybody else. Do you think this is a legitimate concern? Will the others think it strange that I am older than them?

·
Registered
749 Posts
No you'll be fine. I knew a guy who was 21 in freshman year. There are also, I'm sure, people who were held back in school when they were younger, or who decided to take a gap year between high school and college. Being two years older than the majority of people is really no big deal. It's not like you're 40 or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.