Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oddly enough, lately I've been sleeping unusually well. I fall asleep fairly fast, and typically stay asleep. Usually it takes me forever to fall asleep and it's not uncommon for me to wake up at least once, and have issues getting back to sleep. The past couple months have been the worst too, I was taking upwards of 40mg Melatonin on any given night. But the last week or so I haven't needed it and just been sleeping soundly. But I wake up and I'm exhausted. It made sense when my insomnia was in full swing, that I'd wake up tired and maybe be tired during the day. But this is worse than that. Today was just awful.

I woke up this morning and just wanted to fall back asleep. Took a while to convince myself I really needed to get up and get ready. Went to work and was fine for a while, then all of a sudden I started getting tired. I was just sittin around with my bosses and had a little something to eat, and just got really tired. Woke up enough to drive out to the barn to feed my horses and came home. Had somethin to eat, watched some TV, and then pretty much passed out in my chair. Woke up bout a half hour later and went back to sleep. Woke up again about a half hour later. At that point I had to get up and get ready to go back to work. I was so dead I just wanted to stay there. I got up and my legs damn near buckled underneath me. I've been that way since then, and that was around 3:30 (7:30 now). I've been awake enough and somewhat functional enough to drive and work. Moving around helped some, not much though. The only other time I've felt this bad is the 2 times I took Unisom. But I haven't taken any sleep aids in at least a week, and haven't taken Unsiom for months since it really messed with me. I can already tell this is one of those nights where I'll be in bed before 9. :roll

Any ideas on what could be making me so tired? Overall I feel fine. My mood has improved a lot the last couple weeks and I've been working out again lately (not too much though). I'm thinking it could be anemia or maybe an iron deficiency? But I don't know. I probably should get my blood drawn, but the chances of that ever happening are slim to none. :no

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Any chance you're pregnant?

Could be anemia. Could be hypothyroidism. I have both. Yay for me. When my hypothyroidism was undiagnosed I wanted to sleep all the time. You really should get it checked out.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
Are you craving alot of ice or really cold water??? If yes then you could very well have aneima(spelling,lol) My mother has it and an iron defiency ,she takes an iron pill and has her blood checked often to make sure her levels are up. Because if they get to low she has to have a blood transfusion. So I would do an internet search on aniema and low iron ,see what you come up with. But if it continues I would go get it checked, I hate having blood drawn too, but sometimes the pain of that is worth knowing whats wrong in your body. :)
So do some research and then see the doctor.... hope I helped ya.
Feel free to message me... :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely not preggers. lol Didn't think about hypothyroidism. I'll have to look into that.

All I ever drink is ice, ice cold water. But there are some times where I will crave it so much I guzzle down like 20oz in a matter of a couple minuets or less. And then I'm pretty satisfied. Despite how frigid it is outside, I will always drink ice water. Then again, I just hate the taste of anything hot. It's not getting it drawn that bothers me. I've had blood drawn tons of times, needles don't bother me at all. It's convincing my mom to take me or mustering up the courage to call myself, and more importantly.. paying for it. Being uninsured blows. Plus I just despise doctors, they always seem to blow me off, they probably think I'm a freakin hypochondriac. :roll

1 - 4 of 4 Posts