Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
So much thinking...

Maybe that's because I'm plain stupid, but I have such a hard time with myself whenever I overthink stuff.

Excuses are bad, alright. But why do you make them in the first place ? I think it's a kind of defense mechanism that your mind has developed over the years to prevent you from suffering. Suffering from what exactly ? Suffering from the fact that you are the one in control of your life.

Maybe your parents were toxic to you (and by toxic I mean either cruel, or too nice), maybe you had a difficult childhood, I don't know. But right now, I suppose that you're a grownup or almost, and that the fear of responsibilities lying over your shoulders frighten you so much that your defensive mechanism takes precedence over your mind, and you start making excuses so that you don't have to actively try to socialize with people, because "I've just got off drugs", "I'm anorexic that's why it's so hard".

Does that sound about right ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I kind of do that too Op. For example, I remember last year when I was in My English class (which I hated because I had no one in that class, so I was labeled the loner) sometimes when the teacher would say something about a character in the book who's dad died, or left them I would pretend to be upset, so people could think "oh, she's just quiet because her dad left her when she was younger or died". I actually would say that lie but I would kind if imply it, even though it's not true.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts