Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im 22, Im in college. Im not sure if im in college for the right thing, because i am having growing interests. But Im a number of years in, and i want to finish this degree. I dont really know what i should be doing sometimes. But I always feel like i should be doing more..
I feel like everyone is doing big things, but me...I often sit at home, and during this time, i dont know what i should do with my time...Im wondering if i should do this, that or the other.
I feel like i have no direction to go in with my life, even with my education..lost feeling...
SA is certainly a barrier, and also I believe having cancer last summer was a mental and physical set back. But with all of that, i feel like im not living at all like im supposed to be. I feel like im not doing what i should be doing...I feel like i need a role and a purpose clearly defined, I dont know how to get moving, or what i should move towards too..SA and other problems are not helping either....And ofcourse, these feeling and thoughts (and among many others that im not adding here)..lead to 'darker' feeling and thoughts..

Anyone have similar thoughts and feelings..?

·
Registered
439 Posts
oh yes, all the time. my interests are also always changing/growing. i also feel like i'm just wasting time, all the time.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hey I feel you. I am 25, living at home wondering how the crap I screwed up but am trying to get back into life. I stayed at my parents house in bed about a year trying diffrent meds but the biggest thing I have found to help is to focus on what you want and how to get there. When I was younger I was most popular and got what I wanted then had some bad events happen. **** them and set up incremental goals to get where you want and remember than you are ****ing awesome where you are now. I'm not a big believer in Mormonism but their prophet, thomas monsan says, "be yourself as fully as possible and don't care about others to be the best you can possibly be **** them be happy and they will gravitate to you." that is not exactly it, but be real and try hard **** the social consequences and life can be better.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nobody can do too much otherwise you'll get under pressure. You should examine what it is you really want to do first and put other things aside as hobbies.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Really most of the people aren't doing that much too. Maybe they are spending day being out, but thats all. I also always have a feeling that I am doing not enough. I know I am doing quite a lot already, but I feel that I still want to do so much more and I get hard time to find time and motivation do to everything. It's hard when you don't know straight path in life...

·
Registered
139 Posts
i can definitely relate to the feeling of not being sure if you have done enough in life to be satisfied or content.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts