Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't read more than 3 pages of anything without getting sleepy. If Im having a hard time falling asleep, busting out a book will usually put me under even if I'm enjoying the book. I don't really get tired reading on the internet...but I think that's different than reading a novel er something

Or if I start reading in the middle of the day I'll want to nap really badly

Kind of sucks because I want to read more but I can't not get tired.

Anyone else?

·
the last song ♥
2,414 Posts
this happens to me when i read textbooks lol

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
I got this a lot reading the Song of Ice and Fire series. Martin's writing was probably the culprit in that. Also Harlan Ellison.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Try eating a peanut butter jelly sandwich along with a tall glass of cold water. Also, try sitting up straight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Before, I always get sleepy when I read anything. Never really liked books up until recent years when I finally discovered which ones I liked. Now, I can keep reading until my eyes hurt. Well thats applicable only to books or topics I like but if it about school, I'll probably need lots of chocolates to keep me focused.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The only book that I have fallen asleep reading was East Side Dreams, my god it was the most boring book that I have read in my entire life!

·
Irreversibly Invisible
4,095 Posts
I feel like this sometimes when I start a new book. Until I understand the characters and the world, I find everything confusing and boring. Once I hit that point I'm fine, but until then I have to force myself to focus.

I got this a lot reading the Song of Ice and Fire series. Martin's writing was probably the culprit in that. Also Harlan Ellison.
George RR Martin I understand, but what Ellison are you reading? I've only read his short stories and I've found those to be really, really creepy.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Meh there were very few stories of his I wound up not hating. he writes like a 12 year old for one, and in general as a person seems as mature as one and it comes through in his writing. Wasn't really falling asleep just losing interest and skimming over the entire story especially all his gibberish words he threw around.

·
Banned
10,878 Posts
I can't read more than 3 pages of anything without getting sleepy. If Im having a hard time falling asleep, busting out a book will usually put me under even if I'm enjoying the book. I don't really get tired reading on the internet...but I think that's different than reading a novel er something

Or if I start reading in the middle of the day I'll want to nap really badly

Kind of sucks because I want to read more but I can't not get tired.

Anyone else?
I have this problem really bad . I haven't read more than 10 books in my life .

However .. when I think about it .. I actually read Hundreds of Thousands of words on the internet .. so what could possibly be the difference ?

It seems as if I need a frequent , constant change of topic every 2 minutes .. or I'll get bored and start kicking the couch .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts