Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I show u my prob i have ADD innatendentive but cause in my country France, they consider ADD will disappear after you have 13 years old...it is shameful !! Unfortunately for me ADD does',t dissappear.

Do you know a good med or combo for ADD without stimulant.
I have think for remeron + effexor
Or a mix with remeron 30mg + effexor 225mg + solian 50mg

What do you think of this ?

Sorry for my bad english i'm french :yes

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
Wellbutrin.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Are they retarded? Maybe they should pick up some contemporary medical books and read.
+1

Are you and your doc open to an maoi such as parnate? Dexedrine works best for my adhd, but that's my personal preference. Other people here will say other stims work better for them. Selegiline is also an maoi option..

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Are they retarded? Maybe they should pick up some contemporary medical books and read.
It has to do with politics & ideology, not medicine. They don't want to be handing out amphetamines to anyone old enough to realize they have the potential to be fun.

So much the same as how politics & ideology determine that medical marijuana is illegal at the federal level.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wellbutrin doesn't exist in France it doesn't have the authorization for been on the market. The real trouble in france is that pdoc are incompetent, i have to try 6 pdoc for diagnosis a social anxiety, and i before this many diagnosis : pschosis, shizoid personnality, paranoid and one pdoc tell my what i suffer doesn't exist, it exist only in my head and it tell me that with a huge smile !

Problem here is the freudian theory vision dominates neurological theory (innate acquired debat...) also every stimulant was considered as narcotic and i'm not very sure any pdoc would be ok for give me selegiline, i don't know how to say it to my pdoc. For a prescription of AD or antipsychotic there no problem but all med who are no common or know by doc it's very hard to have a prescription. I wanted propanolol for presentation in school and after visit 5 pdoc no one wants to give one prescription !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And the only Imao for depression in france is iproniziade brand name marsilid other one was take off the market.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Is wellbutrin marketed in france as zyban? Same drug but used for smoking cessation. I've heard people talking about telling their doc they wanted to quit smoking in order to get wellbutrin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is wellbutrin marketed in france as zyban? Same drug but used for smoking cessation. I've heard people talking about telling their doc they wanted to quit smoking in order to get wellbutrin.
I made a look, yes it is the same drug, i wanna tell my doc to get it, maybe with norset it can be a good combo for boost NA/Dopamine ? Only what I bean a little scared is i'm very thin and i see wellbutrin can cause anorexia (i'm 70 inch for 125 po) hope that norset can counteract this.
Does you think add a small dose of solian like 50mg or 25mg can still increase dopamine ?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't have any experience with solian, some on this board do.. At low doses it is supposed to help with increase dopamine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah solian supposed to increase dopamine in low dose but not sure if it would be useful for ADD...i havn't seen any study on it for add in internet.
I have also try moclamine who supposed to increase se/na/dopa and maybe can work for add by two study on it. He worked great for one month, with a powerfull stimulating effect but after the stimulating effect has been passed i get back to my hypo active state. But a great advantage, moclamine doesn't have SSRI sexual side effect, it also increase libido.

I'm gonna go to Switzerland consult a pdoc specialized in ADD to make a
diagnosis and see what i have for options. Actually my pdoc in france are
convinced that i have a psychosis and when i tell him what kind of i couldn't anwser me. He is convinced that all my trouble come from my childhood, yeah french pdoc really love psychoanalysis, despite sign of cure :no
And after 3 years of psychoanalysis i have the same trouble ! I really start to hate french pdoc :teeth

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
are there stims in France?

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Hey frontline, french foe, I've heard the freudian theory a lot. These pdocs always want to find a logical reason for you feeling the way you do. Out of all the docs I've seen in Paris, they always somehow try to link my feelings to my relations with my mom or my dad. That one guy kept telling me that I was depressed because of the influence my dad exerted on me.

"Meds won't affect you at all, it's all just a problem you can resolve with thinking".

My god, I wanted to slap him. How can I get them to understand my problem is genetic?

btw you could possibly get a prescription for Ritalin in France, if you're lucky enough to find an open-minded pdoc. Probably going to be hard. What about amphetamines? I don't think these are legal, but never bothered to ask.

As for MAOIs, we only have moclobemide (aurorix) and Marsilid, the oldest antidepressant known to man... but for some reason we have no Parnate or Nardil.

To respond to your question: you might want to try Abilify. It was extremely stimulating in my case, and in other people's cases as well.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Ephedrine. It makes everything seem a lot easier. It mixes well with phenelzine, but phenelzine multiplies the effects and greatly increases the chance of dying.

"Meds won't affect you at all, it's all just a problem you can resolve with thinking".

My god, I wanted to slap him. How can I get them to understand my problem is genetic?
My psych is like that too. I hate doctors so god damn much. Why do I need to constantly explain that the brain is a real thing? Are they not aware of this? According to most doctors, the brain is not a part of your body; it's simply magic. Things like liver disease and heart disease exist because those are organs and they're made of matter. Things like schizophrenia or shyness or bipolar disorder obviously can't exist since brains are not organs and they are not made of cells and they are not affected by things like chemicals or enzyme deficiencies or hormone deficiencies. To make your schizophrenia go away, you just need to be more positive! Look those aliens in the eye and say "hey, I won't let you abduct me anymore! And stop following me." It's so simple! Those American doctors are such idiots, thinking they need to treat it with harsh drugs like chlorpromazine or haloperidol. Why did they wait for these powerful drugs to exist before beginning de-institutionalization? It's so silly! We should have let all those schizophrenics loose and told them to think positive!

·
Banned
1,537 Posts
Yeah solian supposed to increase dopamine in low dose but not sure if it would be useful for ADD...i havn't seen any study on it for add in internet.
I have also try moclamine who supposed to increase se/na/dopa and maybe can work for add by two study on it. He worked great for one month, with a powerfull stimulating effect but after the stimulating effect has been passed i get back to my hypo active state. But a great advantage, moclamine doesn't have SSRI sexual side effect, it also increase libido.

I'm gonna go to Switzerland consult a pdoc specialized in ADD to make a
diagnosis and see what i have for options. Actually my pdoc in france are
convinced that i have a psychosis and when i tell him what kind of i couldn't anwser me. He is convinced that all my trouble come from my childhood, yeah french pdoc really love psychoanalysis, despite sign of cure :no
And after 3 years of psychoanalysis i have the same trouble ! I really start to hate french pdoc :teeth
Wow, gotta suck dealing with that. Thought it was just over here we have crappy psychiatric services, seems its not. I'm not ADD, but still...

And why does he think you're psychotic, pdocs can't just pull things out of thin air and diagnose you. It doesn't work that way. And yeah, ADD/ADHD exist beyond the age of 13. It's a joke to suggest that they don't. I thought they were for life anyway, but maybe I'm wrong.

I wish you luck in Switzerland, hope you'll get something sorted over there. Can you not go private in France, or don't you have that option?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, gotta suck dealing with that. Thought it was just over here we have crappy psychiatric services, seems its not. I'm not ADD, but still...

And why does he think you're psychotic, pdocs can't just pull things out of thin air and diagnose you. It doesn't work that way. And yeah, ADD/ADHD exist beyond the age of 13. It's a joke to suggest that they don't. I thought they were for life anyway, but maybe I'm wrong.

I wish you luck in Switzerland, hope you'll get something sorted over there. Can you not go private in France, or don't you have that option?
Well at september i'll make a really bad depression and i mixed AD with alcohol, cocaine and marijuanna (yeah really bad mix) who result to suicide attempt, after that i'll be put in psychiatric hospital in the department for "dangerous" and pple who considered unstable (there was schizophrenic, depressed, insane, alzheimer but also pple who attempt suicide). I've been stuffed of antipsychotic at higher dose and i see a pdoc who tell me i have a psychosis...with a interview of 10 min !

After one week they liberate me (i was a real zombie), i throw all the antipsychotic they give me, but still was a traumatic experience. Now i'm forced to see a public pdoc in a center for mental health (yeah now i'm catalog as "insane"
).

Also tried private at last 2 years with a switch of 6 pdoc, some of them did not even know that social phobia was a disease.
Other tell me AD and drug doesn't cure the problem and i absolutely need to stop picking AD despite i tell then that without AD i can't even walk in the street.
Yeah but ephedrine is illegal, i want a "legal drug". Concerning ADD in france it's prehistory. Stim exist (only ritalin) but not for adult...

Lol, Mr Bacon "Meds won't affect you at all, it's all just a problem you can resolve with thinking".

How many time i heard that and i think that ! Also give a try to abilify but despite to lower dosage (5mg) i've been to nervous with, but only tried 3 day maybe this side effect disappears with time ?

I give up to been diagnosis ADD in france, too difficult and still the way you have been diagnosis ADD way to have a prescription of stim aren't easy (need full examination in hospital, and prescription work only 1 years after that you need to take an exam again...).

I find a pdoc specialize in ADD in switzerland, gonna give a try !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts