Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fitting In Here & There
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was my 3rd visit to a chiropractor. The first 2 times my boyfriend was in the room with us (he sees him too). Today I told my boyfriend to stay out in the waiting room cuz I wanted to see if I could be alone with the dr without having paranoid thoughts about what he must be thinking of me.

Well, i was nervous, but my mind didn't get all jacked up. I communicated fine (I think). And it wasn't as bad as it would have been a long time ago.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
that great news pam. i think it is important to be doing things where we are interacting everyday. weather it be saying hello to a cashier or having the guts to try some new things. build on this experience. if you go back to the chiropractor again use should continue to go in alone. You've already done it once now do it again. Good Luck. The sa community is cheering you on.

·
Fitting In Here & There
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for your replies!

Kos, you gave good advice! I almost chickened out and took my boyfriend yesterday, but I thought about what you wrote and went in alone again. It was a bit worse because I was planning on telling him I don't want to have him crack my neck anymore because it hurts. I got the words out, and felt my face get all hot from embarassment & guilt. Luckily the dr was looking down and writing--don't think he noticed. The embarassment & guilt is from "speaking up" and thinking I'm "being mean" when I do, which I know is a bunch of irrational crap tho. :D
Glad I took your advice!

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
That's great, Pam. I am hestitant to let people crack my neck too even if they have experience. I don't blame you for that. You did great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts