Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I love being home alone, it doesn't happen very often but I love it when it does lol.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I still live home with my parents, and the rare chance I get by myself, it can feel pretty liberating.
This. Which is weird because living all alone is something I don't think I would like, haven't ever had a situation where I been alone so long I get sick off it, most time I have every got by myself was about 3 days.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
Since my dad retired, I haven't had hardly any time totally alone and it's driving me nuts! Plus, my dad is one of those annoying people who notices and comments on every solitary thing. You can't walk by him without him saying something. Anything. He talks just to be talking and if you don't respond, he just keeps going.

I love the feeling of being alone and wish there was some way I could do it forever. Of course, that's WITH the internet. I suppose I might get a bit bored without it. I don't know if talking to people online is technically considered being alone. I consider it to be being alone because you can turn the thing off anytime and nobody cares.

I moved out on my own once and loved it. That was way before the internet. I found stuff to keep me occupied and had no desire at all for company. The financial and employment situation was a complete DISASTER (which is why I moved back with the parents) but I look back very fondly on all the time I was able to spend completely alone and free.

·
Registered
105 Posts
YES!!! When I'm home alone I love it. I can listen to music and sing along, eat whatever I want and overall just be myself. It feels like I've been let out of a cage, then as soon as someone returns I'm right back to my old self.

·
ISFJ
1,473 Posts
I spent too much of my time alone. Sometimes it's nice. I'd rather be camping alone somewhere, then I can watch and listen to nature.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I feel pretty much the same. If I'm out for awhile, the moment I get home and the door closes behind me I feel a huge sense of relief to have some walls and doors between me and the rest of the world. At home is pretty much the only place where I really feel like I'm actually being myself. I'm usually okay with being home quite a bit and rarely get bored but I do find myself being jealous when I see people out the window running or couples walking or just people out enjoying the world. I'm just way too tense and anxious and nervous to enjoy being outside like that :afr

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm home alone for most of the day almost every day of the week... well my brother is here but he keeps to himself alot so it feels like I'm home alone. Only a few hours at a time that I get the whole house to myself and it does feel good to do whatever you want during that time.

I don't seem to mind being alone although 25min in, I start to get paranoid of anyone coming to the door or something that involves talking to a stranger but its nice when it happens. Then I go back to being a quiet reserved person when family comes back home. I have gotten better about it but its still quite noticeable.

Being alone in the past did bother me alot but aside from the paranoia, I don't really mind it. :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts