Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if its my SA, lack of social skills, or if the others were just better qualified. I think I do a decent job answering the questions, i get the interview so I must be qualified. I ask questions. They usually ask when I would be able to start if I get the job, they give me a tour around the place. What the hell is wrong.

For a couple of jobs they asked the min salary I would take, I kind of dodged the question by saying im sure they would offer the industry standard. Could that have cost me those 2 jobs?

I think I talk enough, I ask questions.

I didn't go to college to work retail. I need to nail my next interview. Any videos, tips, articles, anything? i need help. Im driving myself crazy, wondering whats wrong with me that makes me unhirable, I look great on paper, give good phone interviews. What is wrong?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
"How to Ace Your Interview," with Professor Molly Shadel

Ask the Experts: Resume and Interview Tips

hope this will help you :)

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I can certainly sympathize with this. I've been on what seems like hundreds of interviews with not one amounting to an actual job offer. I've been looking since February of this year.

However, I finally do have a job offer, pending a final review tomorrow. It's not you, it's just really tough out there given the current economic situation. just keep trying and keep sharpening your interview skills. in addition to the recommendation above, I recommend a book, Interview Magic. it gives great ideas on how to ace interviews.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts