Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm prety sure most of y'all have had some experience with seeing therapists/psychiatrists/social workers etc so many of you are familiar with the barrage of tedious but all too necessary inquiries about your mood/history/family etc.

Do you ever feel under pressure to answer these questions right? For example I can answer "have you ever been depressed?" with a yes, but I have a hard time nailing down when and how long I have felt that way, especially when it seems like the last couple of years has been a blur. Other questions I just get nervous and end up scrambling and giving a ****ty answer.

Other times I want to laugh at the questions they ask me. i.e. Do you hear voices that other people don't hear? Did you ever think you had special powers? No sir, I haven't entered that level of crazy.

I guess my SA follows me everywhere including these q&a sessions with a medical professional, even though they understand the problem more than the average person, I still get nervous and flustered and it's irritating. Do encounter this, and how do you handle it?

peace

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't really know what I would do in that situation. I've never been to therapy. I haven't been able to muster the courage to reach out for help yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts