Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
INTP
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, if that is your real avi then a lot of you are not that bad-looking. At least this is a good-looking disorder right? :yes

It always puzzles me when pretty girls or good-looking dudes have SA. I guess if you look good society thinks you are extroverted, smart, can hold a conversation well, etc... Too bad none of you live near where I live. :blank

I'm curious, what made pretty girls have SA in the first place? Was it bullying by uglier girls who were jealous of your looks? Because I was always under the impression that good-looking girls have it easy in this world and can easily get friends, rich husband, nice home, kids, etc...

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
Im sorry but you sound very shallow. Looks dont make you who you are. And if you think all girls on here look like their avatars, your very wrong. Like me, when people post pictures of themselves it never turns out looking exactly like you do in real life. Sure I look like this if I did my hair and makeup and put a camera in the right angle. But do you really think I look like this right now? Hell no.

·
INTP
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorry but you sound very shallow. Looks dont make you who you are. And if you think all girls on here look like their avatars, your very wrong. Like me, when people post pictures of themselves it never turns out looking exactly like you do in real life. Sure I look like this if I did my hair and makeup and put a camera in the right angle. But do you really think I look like this right now? Hell no.
I'm sorry, but I wasn't talking about you. :b

kidding of course, that pic is a 7 in my book.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Actually for me, SA doesn't have much to do with my looks but about the way I feel about my personailty. I don't talk much and feel unaccepted by others because of this. Mainly because I have a hard time relating to what other people talk about and I don't have any good stories to tell in conversation. And then also feeling like I never have anything to say unless I'm talking to someone that actually has things in common with me.

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
Actually for me, SA doesn't have much to do with my looks but about the way I feel about my personailty. I don't talk much and feel unaccepted by others because of this. Mainly because I have a hard time relating to what other people talk about and I don't have any good stories to tell in conversation. And then also feeling like I never have anything to say unless I'm talking to someone that actually has things in common with me.
Exactly.

1,934 Posts
It puzzles me why all these pretty girls and good looking dudes have schizophrenia. It puzzles me why all these pretty girls and good looking dudes are in wheelchairs. It puzzles me why all these pretty girls and good looking dudes are deaf. It puzzles me why all these pretty girls and good looking dudes are blind.

Come on...

·
Here and Now
1,189 Posts
I don't think SA has anything to do with how you look. Sure, looking good might give you a little selfconfidence but if if you still can't socialize well then its not going to help much

·
INTP
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It puzzles me why all these pretty girls and good looking dudes have schizophrenia. It puzzles me why all these pretty girls and good looking dudes are in wheelchairs. It puzzles me why all these pretty girls and good looking dudes are deaf. It puzzles me why all these pretty girls and good looking dudes are blind.

Come on...
Uh... no, bad reasoning. All things being equal (meaning not deaf, blind, schizo like you said) good-looking people are treated better, given more job offers, etc...

Google it.

Here's an article as proof:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3917414/ns/dateline_nbc/t/face-value/

·
nothing
286 Posts
This is what I want to tell everyone that post nice things on my pictures.

·
INTP
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry but theres alot more to the world than beauty and sex. But looks as if youll never see it that way.
All men are shallow, especially the ones with options. Looks and beauty are first to all guys. Of course if a girl shows herself to be mean, manipulative, crazy then tradeoffs are considered and her beauty is not worth her personality. But what hooks guys in is the looks first.

Even girls are shallow you have to admit that.

Personal experience, I am 6 feet and I know I get more attention than a guy who is 5 feet mainly because of my height. That 5 foot guy could be a millionaire with a great personality, but because I am 6 feet the girls will gravitate to me first.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
ooooh burn!

·
Here and Now
1,189 Posts
All men are shallow, especially the ones with options. Looks and beauty are first to all guys. Of course if a girl shows herself to be mean, manipulative, crazy then tradeoffs are considered and her beauty is not worth her personality. But what hooks guys in is the looks first.

Even girls are shallow you have to admit that.

Personal experience, I am 6 feet and I know I get more attention than a guy who is 5 feet mainly because of my height. That 5 foot guy could be a millionaire with a great personality, but because I am 6 feet the girls will gravitate to me first.
Speak for yourself dude. I might be a little bit shallow, as in there must be at least some physical attraction, but im nowhere near as shallaw as you. You take it to the extreme

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.