Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i would make this thread for ppl who think there is nothing left in this world for them, that you can change for the better, that with enough dedication you can 1 day feel great about yourself.

i am 23, since i was young i was overweight, not obese but had alot of upper body fat, the kicker for me was that i had these embarrassing man tits lol like bigger than usual, it was my sore spot for yeeeaaars, how women liked me like that growing up i dont know, so for me i tend to think women are nothing you may think, at least they dont think the worst of you, even when you feel your at your worst so thats pretty cool to know because if i can get women to like the fat boy, im sure you can too and probly much easier! lol since so many guys here have SA, im sure it effects their love life.

anyways, i was waayy to insecure to get into a serious relationship tho, i would do things with women but i thought they would leave me after awhile because i thought i wasnt good enough for them. There were more than enough times where if i actually liked someone who liked me back, i could have felt better about so many more things growing up. It really bugs me sometimes, that when i had the chance with certain ppl, i didnt take it and what that did to me was this, i put myself behind a jail cell and watched everyone else have fun and it tortured me for the longest time because it was a reminder, watching ppl you know do things that you want to do kills you everytime because you let it happen.

those reminders will **** you up for days or even months sometimes, fast forward to now and that'll all be history very soon, i went from 280 (i was at this weight for about 6 months, was about 250 before i was at my worst) to 205 pounds, i can get down to 190 once im all done. Since losing all the weight, its been great, i dont sweat in the sun barely anymore lol, i can talk to anyone of authority with no problems (like your boss, supervisor), i can wear shirts now which is cool, before i'd always wear sweaters to cover up, even in summer which ruined most of my summers but the main thing i realised is that im actually not a bad looking guy, i catch women looking sometimes and can talk to more women with ease than ever before...i am a very social person when i feel at ease and its nice that ppl see that these days because i carry myself alot differently than before.

you may think you had it worse but if i was a better writer i would make sure you were convinced you didnt lol but i believe if you were in my shoes, you might think "hey maybe my life wasnt THAT bad" because lets see you walk around with man tits for 1 week and i promise, you'd want to cry afterwards lol

at 1 point i thought i would be like that forever, that i could never be happy, that i would never change, that i could never focus on my talents again and most importantly, that i would never feel ok in my own skin.

that has all changed though so what im trying to say is this, dont give up, if your not doing anything to change what you dont like about your life then you shouldnt be complaining about it, it sucks to hear if your like this because this happened to me not too long ago but things can change for the better and when it does, it will happen very fast!...once my old issues are over, new ones will emerge...as they always do but at least my new ones wont stick with me for years this time around, i will do something about it everytime from now on and this helps me stay positive, because i still get those "reminders".

hopefully this helps

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm happy you're feeling good about yourself/more confident !! Yayfor you :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts