Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Building your own PC is usually the best route. However if your going for a gaming system Alienware does actually pt together VERY good systems and would be one of the few factory built I endorse as a PC Tech.

Alienware however tends to be fairly expensive, I wouldn't recommend it if you aren't looking for a serious gaming machine, also its good for its excellent cooling systems that can't always be installed in a build at home comp.

Remember, go with AMD.... look at alot of the comparisons between intel and amd. You'll notice Intel is usually barely out performing the AMD which is fairly cheaper.... then read closer and you'll notice the AMD is generally 400-600 MHZ slower CPU then the intel one its compared to. Gee if the AMD lower older model is better then the intel newer model or on about equal playing ground that says somethin :p

· Registered
88 Posts
Kardax pretty much answered the differences.

AMD generally does a fair bit better in game engines. Intel has its few good points but in the end intel does barely better then amd in some tests while in others amd blows intel away.

I also tend to support AMD since they are cheaper and the little guy. With Intels massive market share and bad practices I'd rather support the smaller guy who does as good and in some cases better. Also if peeps don't use AMD, Intel will end up having the entire market thus prices go up, quality goes down and no competition to make them shape up.

P.S. Isn't it interestying now how AMD's chips at lower ghz do the same or better then Intels chips at higher ghz ;) Athalon 2200+ is a 1.8 ghz which out performs intels 2.2 ghz.... by a fair bit to ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.