Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, gals, cats, dogs.

This is the AIM Online Friend-Connecting Service Thread!

Another post I was reading made a pretty cool suggestion that I think could be a great tool for some of us, if not all of us.

Many of us spend time on this forum doing many things for ourselves; whether it's venting frustration and anger, learning to cope with this anxiety and/or depression in many forms, seeking approval and other information on how to better ourselves, what types of medications can help, what kinds of natural herbs and supplements can help, what kinds of therapies can help, and the list could go on forever it seems.

I love this site, and I know many others do. I was thinking, as I know others were too, that maybe more of us start being a little more open with our SN if we have AIM or MSN or something. I know I have met one person online that I talk to regularly(or I used to), and we actually met up once in real life(she moves to Florida though......damnit). But we talked on AIM for almost a year before even meeting up.

Anyway, I have found that trying to go out and instantly make friends can be really hard to do. So why not start here getting some SN's for other people that you "click" with or whatever? I know I am way to protective of my screen-name and often go into recluse mode; but then I end up coming on here and typing up a topic about how "this is going wrong" and "i am sick of this", and I think many of us would benefit from having other semi-anonymous people in similar situations to talk to online in an actual AIM chat and stuff. Could even make a little group chat.

Maybe this is just me wanting to have some people to talk to about life, problems, learning to cope, or just having people to chat randomly with, who knows, haha, but I saw some people recommend this and I realized I have had a few people whom I've had back and forth "private messaging" and yet we never ended up exchanging IM's and stuff when it could of probably really, really made things easier.

I'm always up to listen to people, to relate, to empathize, or to vent. ;) Plus I want my AIM buddy list to grow. haha; So let's get to clicking here. Send me a message if you want to add a cool hermit like myself to your buddy list.

This is the AIM Online Friend-Connecting Service Thread!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Omg how did you know I am a cat?

Seriously this is a great idea because if there's one thing I realised about having lots of people with SA.. they get along really well together. But erm do you speak cat language :3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.