Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
erm i just wondered if anyone could understand where im comign form or give me some advice.
my mother etc were jehovahs witnesses and some of my family still are, i went to a few meetings when i was little but not anymore. my mum now has passed away 3 years ago.

i got panic attack and now agorphobia so i am stuck in my house all the time really. only in the last months of me developing this problem ive become very aware of god and jesus and im not sure why.

i went into my room and found some books of my mums and read a few which gave mealot of comfort, its like i feel i need to believe to give me hope but things such as proof etc always hold me bk as i am very matter of fact.

i started to pray once a day asking for help an support to help me get rid of me anxietys and have the life i had be4. i try to be a better person but i feel nothing, its like im not doing enough, like something is there wiating for me, deicded to give me faith in something but im just not quite there, or im not doing enough...its really frustrating.

i would really appreciate if anyone had an explanations or support who has had experience in religion or faith etc.

·
Banned
497 Posts
hi,
erm i just wondered if anyone could understand where im comign form or give me some advice.
my mother etc were jehovahs witnesses and some of my family still are, i went to a few meetings when i was little but not anymore. my mum now has passed away 3 years ago.

i got panic attack and now agorphobia so i am stuck in my house all the time really. only in the last months of me developing this problem ive become very aware of god and jesus and im not sure why.

i went into my room and found some books of my mums and read a few which gave mealot of comfort, its like i feel i need to believe to give me hope but things such as proof etc always hold me bk as i am very matter of fact.

i started to pray once a day asking for help an support to help me get rid of me anxietys and have the life i had be4. i try to be a better person but i feel nothing, its like im not doing enough, like something is there wiating for me, deicded to give me faith in something but im just not quite there, or im not doing enough...its really frustrating.

i would really appreciate if anyone had an explanations or support who has had experience in religion or faith etc.
i dont understand what you are asking , can you be more specific ?

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
hi,

Keep praying and asking for help. I am a Jehovah's Witness so I am probably familiar with the books you have been reading. Do you want to be a Christian-Jehovah's Witness or are you looking for something else?

If these books are helping you then continue to read them. Of course the Bible as well. Feel free to send me a message but I'm not putting any pressure on you.

I have suffered much anxiety like yourself-sometimes even afraid to go to Christian gatherings because of anxiety. I have gained quite a bit of comfort from my faith. I hope you find comfort too.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
At this point, I would just focus on the relationship with Him and what He can provide for you. He will help you build your confidence. The meeting of others will come along - just focus on the intial stuff :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts