Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone feel like a lot of their aggression (I'm talking physical as well as verbal here) stems from their inability to fully understand and/or communicate with others?

I have personally resorted to physical violence when I have felt threatened, singled out, bullied, and have felt a strange mix of guilt, pleasure and horror whenever I enact out such urges. I am particularly interested as to what other female posters have to say on this - i.e. whether you have ever experienced these urges and how often.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Does anyone feel like a lot of their aggression (I'm talking physical as well as verbal here) stems from their inability to fully understand and/or communicate with others?

I have personally resorted to physical violence when I have felt threatened, singled out, bullied, and have felt a strange mix of guilt, pleasure and horror whenever I enact out such urges. I am particularly interested as to what other female posters have to say on this - i.e. whether you have ever experienced these urges and how often.
No, not with me. But I can relate to the feeling of being threatened. If I sense that someone picks me out and tries to lower my status, (only happens when there is a group of people) I immediately know that I have to keep an eye out for that person. Not in a paranoid way, just in a way to further evaluate them, or have conversations one on one with them. This helps you saty on your feet, and I think everyone should be aware of people's motives, with a logical evaluation, and not an assumption.

I also stay very aware of things wherever I go, which sometimes causes anxiety, but I'd rather have it that way. I've caught some things that could of been bad if I didn't catch them. I think it started because of school. The schools in places like Los Angeles, force you to be aware of everything, especially since there is just so many pricks or people that do things to impress other people.

·
Lookin' for the sky...
251 Posts
Yeah, but only in my sleep. I would never hurt anyone, it's not in my personality when I am awake. When I sleep though I often have dreams of being a vigilante where I kill people who have wronged others. Kinda Dextery type stuff. I always end up dying in them, because I am not a very strong person. I think they stem from the fact my Dad was killed when I was 6 at his job when someone tried to rob the place he worked at and I've never gotten over it. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts