Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I haven't been here for a year or more, but during that time, I think I've grown up. I no longer feel hopeless with my SA. Well, I'm still struggling with it, but with an improved attitude.
I can now focus on something beyond my fears (that is, my future). Before, I was always convinced I wouldn't amount to anything, but I'm now considering becoming a speech pathologist. I feel so hopeful and excited as I found out that I would be learning American Sign Language for the profession. Isn't that cool? :p

So now I've found the courage to pursue a career. Has anyone gone through something like this? Of feeling like a lost-cause because of SA, but ultimately finding something you would not let SA deter you from?

ps. I know I ramble. :( Here is the abridged version.

·
Among the ashes
1,464 Posts
I feel so hopeful and excited as I found out that I would be learning American Sign Language for the profession. Isn't that cool? :p

So now I've found the courage to pursue a career. Has anyone gone through something like this? Of feeling like a lost-cause because of SA, but ultimately finding something you would not let SA deter you from?
Yes, that is very cool. It's wonderful you feel this way about your future and have a passion for the career you're working toward. I haven't made it there quite yet, but every day's a new opportunity. I still have hope I'll find a place I belong. Good luck with your studies and all the best to you :)

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
I´m glad you´ve found what drives you! As for me music is my best outlet. Dance and singing have been my passion my entire life. I think we are meant to do what we´re born to do. I decided to chase my dreams and not let them chase me. Good luck to ya! Dying note I agree never lose hope! It´s everything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, that is very cool. It's wonderful you feel this way about your future and have a passion for the career you're working toward. I haven't made it there quite yet, but every day's a new opportunity. I still have hope I'll find a place I belong. Good luck with your studies and all the best to you :)
Thanks. :D I'm very wishy-washy, so I'm sure that if I can find something, then you can too! I've long felt that I don't belong anywhere, but it doesn't matter to me anymore, that's the thing - if I don't belong, I'm just going to jam myself there like a nail that sticks out. I have many, many self-doubts of whether I'm meant to do this (or that), but you'll never know until you get there, and when it doesn't work out, then time to pull out the nail and jam it elsewhere. Good luck with your endeavor, and yes, sophiek is right, hope is everything. :p

I´m glad you´ve found what drives you! As for me music is my best outlet. Dance and singing have been my passion my entire life. I think we are meant to do what we´re born to do. I decided to chase my dreams and not let them chase me. Good luck to ya! Dying note I agree never lose hope! It´s everything.
Thanks! Hope all goes well for you. I've actually compromised my passion for something safer. So passion and dream career became separate things, but I'm happy with that as passions can be developed. :p I like the arts as well. I was going to be a creepy doll-maker who lives in a portable tumbleweed home, simultaneously my doll studio. I can be unrealistic. :{

1 - 4 of 4 Posts