Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm way to self conscious to ever expose my legs and feet in front of others. I have no thongs or flip-flops, no shorts and no sandels. Sandels and thongs I feel make me feel and look stupid. Its probably because of my very white skin plus the shape of my toes. That something I'm also self conscious about. My pale skin. I would like a tan but I also hate the sun and strong sunlight. My favourite time is winter because I hate the warmer weather and increased sunlight. I always put on sunscreen and wear long sleeve shirts. Anyone else like that?

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
Yaaa!! I feel the same..excluding that fact about wearing short dresses,i dnt wear them but yes I can wear them,but that makes me feel uncomfortable too...
Sunlight – I dnt like it..i really hate to walk in sunlight or go anywhere..its insane that I daily walk only three minutes in sun as m on the way to my office ...i too like winter..coz there is no heat no mud due to rainfall..i avoid wearing high heels coz I cant walk wearing them,it makes me so jealous whenever see some girl wearing high heels

·
Freedom is lurking
809 Posts
I used to get embarrassed, so I didn't wear shorts or t-shirts either. Today I almost don't give a sh1t -- it's the only body I have, so I just have to accept it. And OP, some people find paleness to be sexy ;). I know I do :yes.

I'm scared ****less of wearing thongs, though. :teeth

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Once you have a tan, it is easier to wear shorts. I get kind of self-conscious at the beginning of the season, too. I wear shorts all the time and have started wearing flip-flops occasionally (the things were $0 marked down to $15, so I had better wear them!)

·
Meek
447 Posts
My husband barely ever sees my legs, let alone anyone else :lol people probably think I am a mormon/muslim convert in summer. I wore whatever when I was younger but now it's jeans/leggings/long skirts in hot weather (yeah...I nearly died in New Orleans) with the addition of very thick tights/short skirts in winter.

·
a paper vegetable
514 Posts
Same way here! *laughs* I don't understand how people even find flip flops comfortable! I have worn capris on some occassions, but usually I end up hating them too. :p But yeah, I totally hate summer, especially here in the south... blech!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yep right here. Even when it's over 100 degrees Im still wearing my skinny jeans. I just been so self-concious of my body as well BUT I'm thinking of wearing shorts next year.... I don't wear sandals etheir because I feel strange all of a sudden wearing sandals and I have such big feet and long toes...
I'm afraid how people react if they saw me wearing those things. :blank

·
Registered
198 Posts
No, I'm the exact opposite. I love the warm sun but hate cold weather. I also tend to hyperventilate when I'm nervous so I shiver a lot even when it's not very cold.

·
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!
11,237 Posts
To be honest, I dont know what the point is in wearing shorts really, unless the wearers are wanting to show off.

I wouldn't and couldn't out of embarrassment or self consciousness,
I have measured my calves and they are 13.5 inches around the thickest part, which apparently is more or less the average normal measurement for males really, but this is no consolation to me.
I think my legs are too thin, and Id feel really stupid wearing them.

I am too self conscious to wear T-shirts as well, which is really pathetic:(,
I tend to kind of look at other people who are wearing shorts( slightly enviously) as a kind of guess as to what Id look like, and to be honest Ive seen a few kinda thinnish legs(99% seem to be the ones that cut off just below the knee, so its mostly the calf thats seen), ,and those guys dont seem to give a damn , or think that same as us..........:mad:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I would wear tshirt, shorts and thongs everyday if I could. It is getting cooler here in Vancouver and I still wear my thongs daily. Outside of work that is. Still wearing Tshirts and polos. Still wearing my shorts at night time.

Why, Comfort. :)

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I remember when we used to go for swimming lessons at school, a few times when I came out in my bathers in front of everyone, there would be one kid who would just look at parts of my body as if they were repulsed by them.

At school, we used to have sports and I was always wearing my jumper while everyone else was wearing t-shirts. And when summer came around people would make jokes about me and how I would never take my jumper off. And a few times I did and people made comments about how pale my skin was. And if we forgot our sports clothes, if we were having the class inside, the teacher would tell whoever didn't bring their runners, to take their school shoes off in order to be allowed to join in, so we didn't leave big black marks on the polished floor. So a few times i had to take my socks and shoes off and one time I didn't cut my toe nails for over a month and my big toes nails had all this black stuff stuck inside the top corners; disgusting. When I went to sit down next to people, the two people next to me looked at my feet and said "ew" and were laughing and moved away. I felt so self conscious about my feet because these girls who thought I was good looking were sort of just looking at my feet with worried looks on their faces.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I never shave because I almost never wear anything that shows my legs. Sometimes skirts, but I don't really have any that fit anymore. But I do wear flip-flops now during the three months out of the year when the weather is nice. They're just so much easier, and it actually makes me feel more laid-back.

Kind of funny, considering I stayed away from them like the plague when I lived in California, when I would have blended in by wearing them. I don't see many flip-flops here.

·
Iam building a religion
2,834 Posts
I'm way to self conscious to ever expose my legs and feet in front of others. I have no thongs or flip-flops, no shorts and no sandels. Sandels and thongs I feel make me feel and look stupid. Its probably because of my very white skin plus the shape of my toes. That something I'm also self conscious about. My pale skin. I would like a tan but I also hate the sun and strong sunlight. My favourite time is winter because I hate the warmer weather and increased sunlight. I always put on sunscreen and wear long sleeve shirts. Anyone else like that?
i will never understand this obsession of people needing to be tan. your born with lite skin.(for white people anyway). what is a tan? a slight darkening of the skin due to extened contact with sunrays. something usually experienced during the summer months usually with landscapers or avid beach goers. after while the tan fades. so with this fading of skin darkening your social worth,attractiveness fades as well?

everyone now is required by social law to sit in the sun for x amount or hours every week or else? you can be the hottest girl in the neighborhood,but let your skin shade return back to its normal shade the shade you were born with and automatically you get 75% of your hot points subtracted?

stop saying the word pale. your not pale. your fair skinned. you were born fair skinned. pale describes sick people. are you walking down the street or in a mall in a hospital gurney with crusty trails of vomit streaming from your mouth with a iv machine trailing behind you? those people can be described as pale. most men (who are straight) will not give a damn about the hue tone and color saturation of your skin if its wrapped around a nice body.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The autumn and winter time are the best, I really like wearing sweaters or long sleeve T's as opposed to short sleeved T's. I'm fairly slender and feel as those my arms look weird when wearing a short sleeved shirt. I only wear shorts when I'm at home never in public.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i will never understand this obsession of people needing to be tan. your born with lite skin.(for white people anyway). what is a tan? a slight darkening of the skin due to extened contact with sunrays. something usually experienced during the summer months usually with landscapers or avid beach goers. after while the tan fades. so with this fading of skin darkening your social worth,attractiveness fades as well?

everyone now is required by social law to sit in the sun for x amount or hours every week or else? you can be the hottest girl in the neighborhood,but let your skin shade return back to its normal shade the shade you were born with and automatically you get 75% of your hot points subtracted?

stop saying the word pale. your not pale. your fair skinned. you were born fair skinned. pale describes sick people. are you walking down the street or in a mall in a hospital gurney with crusty trails of vomit streaming from your mouth with a iv machine trailing behind you? those people can be described as pale. most men (who are straight) will not give a damn about the hue tone and color saturation of your skin if its wrapped around a nice body.
Many people with tans seem to look more better in some way whereas very white skin (Michael Jackson white) gets negative comments (as far as when I take off my shirt I got called a freakin' ghost and a mirror) I find this strange, people sometimes ridicule the fair skinned for how white they are and are told to go in the sun and this is not considered racist but it still helps to damage self esteem and makes one self conscious about their skin as if their self worth was based on the shade of their skin. If someone made a comment about a dark skinned person and how dark the shade was this might be taken as racism. I'd rather have light or medium brown skin because it looks better than my very white skin.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wear sweat shirts and jeans or other form of long pants all the time. I'm here in Cali as well (right in the valley) and even if it's 105 degrees that's how I dress. I also have my hood on a lot. It makes me feel invisible and that people can't judge me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts