Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
im only 24, i moved out for a few years, but im back now at moms until im not so depressed anymore.
I think that if you were to quit drinking, get medication/ therapy, and move out into your own place...youd feel like a new man. You need to experience that freedom that a man needs.
I know ill always feel depressed if i:
1)stay at home (moms)
2) dont get off the drugs and alcohol

If you just move out but leave everything else in life as it is, youll probably be unhappy, but with your own place. If you make that jump and move out, i really think you owe it to yourself to fix the other wrongs in your life. Just moving out wont help your state of mind... but with those other changes you can make (sobriety, professional help with depression), moving out will make things even better.
Why not try and turn things around... its gonna take a few different changes though to make a difference, not just moving. WHY NOT TRY, at least!
Im going to try, and im going to do it. No illegal drugs, some legal antidepressants, a job, and the freedom and independence of having my own place again. Dont take that opportunity away from yourself.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yea, being under her control and scrutiny is something youd feel better without. We all need our moms, but you dont need her to run your life. Basically you said it best yourself: "but they are never going to get better under these conditions"
Change one bad thing, life will improve...change another one, and it'll be even better. I plan on salvaging the rest of 2005 and getting an enjoyable life.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.