Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, let me start by saying that I have seen a counsellor and a therapist in the past when i was much younger. They did help, the only time i saw a psychiatric ,I've got a really negative vibe from them.. of course in canada neither counselling or therapy is covered "FREE health care...? "

Ive been thinking of maybe asking my doctor to get me to see a psychiatric "since it's free" :afr:afr

I hate being judged and I feel like getting help for this is gonna end up making me distrust the human race even more:yes

·
Banned
165 Posts
Don't bother with seeing a psychiatrist. In my experience they don't have a clue what they're talking about unless spouting some garbage from a standardised manual they're all issued with. It will do you more harm than good and they have the ability to section you/lock you up and administer nefarious treatments at their own whim. Stay away.

·
Banned
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't bother with seeing a psychiatrist. In my experience they don't have a clue what they're talking about unless spouting some garbage from a standardised manual they're all issued with. It will do you more harm than good and they have the ability to section you/lock you up and administer nefarious treatments at their own whim. Stay away.
I sort of believe you but why do they exist.. we need therapy/therapists to be covered here.. canada:sus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts