Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am deathly afraid that my one and only friend is going to move away unexpectedly, leaving me with no one. The same thing happened in elementary school (before I met this person), and I was left with no one. How to deal with?

·
The Mausoleums are here
18 Posts
You move on by accepting the truth, people can be *******s. You find good or you find bad. Whatever comes your way, comes your way. It's how you deal with it makes a standout. I'm in a similar position as you. I have a "best friend" who I've known since first grade. We barely talk now. He even ignores me most of the time, barely wants to start a conversation, it's always me that texts or calls first or wants to make plans and as usual I get excuses and what not. It all changed after we started going to different Middle schools. He even used to live close by, but moved during the time we started Middle school. It hurts, but it's the truth, I can't control him, I tried from my side over and over. Something happened, maybe, that's what I have always wanted to know, but never got a chance from my so called "best friend." What I have noticed many times is that if you try to persuade someone in a good manner, they take it to the head, you can call it some sort of an ego. It shows the other person and makes them think they are in power and think you are "begging" them in a way. That way they feel as if they've got more control over you. But you have to have self respect for yourself, and just know if you try and give from your side always, and get no answers/reasons or everything remains unclear, move on. That person was not worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts