Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm 23 and suffer from adult ance, it is pretty bad sometimes. I have tried everything that I could afford, I don't have much money and food and paying the bills is much more important honestly and I can't go to doctor yet atleast for it. I know sugar and some foods can cause it and might and I also know stress is a big problem but I'm trying my best on that but when you are dealing with social anxiety stress is a giving sometimes. The big problem is I use to be a very happy out going kind of guy before I turned 16 and things started going wrong. I never got acne til I was about 21 and before it was hard to go out without being scared that people were talking about me or making fun of me or something. Now it is like walking into hell everytime I leave the house, I miss being able to just go out with my mom to store but I always think people are like look at him and his face. I think girls won't like me cause of it and etc.. I just need some advice or atleast maybe someone that understands how I feel.

·
Smexy
3,551 Posts
Try apple cider vinegar yet?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't. But I have heard about it, should I try using it ?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I know how that is. It is difficult to have to be around other people when you have acne. It's not good for your self esteem.

Do you use Benzoyl Peroxide? The 2.5% one? Usually the over the counter ones you find at walmart or something are 10%, which I've heard isn't nearly as good as the 2.5. A lot of people have had success with it. It seems to be a little pricier though, but at least you don't need a prescription.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Keep your head up.

Hey I'm 23 and suffer from adult ance, it is pretty bad sometimes. I have tried everything that I could afford, I don't have much money and food and paying the bills is much more important honestly and I can't go to doctor yet atleast for it. I know sugar and some foods can cause it and might and I also know stress is a big problem but I'm trying my best on that but when you are dealing with social anxiety stress is a giving sometimes. The big problem is I use to be a very happy out going kind of guy before I turned 16 and things started going wrong. I never got acne til I was about 21 and before it was hard to go out without being scared that people were talking about me or making fun of me or something. Now it is like walking into hell everytime I leave the house, I miss being able to just go out with my mom to store but I always think people are like look at him and his face. I think girls won't like me cause of it and etc.. I just need some advice or atleast maybe someone that understands how I feel.
Understanding what you are going through goes without saying. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
Keep your head up and proud of who you are. Be expressive and think beyond your appearance alone.
You'll get through this time of trouble and get on with your life.
Acne vulgaris affects millions of people. You are certainly not alone.

Depending on where you live you might be able to attend a free product trial in your town. I'll post a link that shows some of them here. Clinical trials for acne treatment.

Don't be afraid to try natural treatments for acne. There are many of them out there. Usually the older cultures have figured it out. Places like India an d China will have remedies that are just what you need. Seek them out. You might be surprised.

Keep your head up and be strong. You'll get through this.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I know how that is. It is difficult to have to be around other people when you have acne. It's not good for your self esteem.

Do you use Benzoyl Peroxide? The 2.5% one? Usually the over the counter ones you find at walmart or something are 10%, which I've heard isn't nearly as good as the 2.5. A lot of people have had success with it. It seems to be a little pricier though, but at least you don't need a prescription.
2.5% Benzoyl peroxide is great for acne, from my experience. Helped me a lot. But only on the face. It is too harsh to be used on any other problem acne areas like your back and chest. Best/cheapest way to get it is in the 8 oz from acne.org.

To op: i am in my late 20s, and i have very bad acne not on my face, but completely covering my back and arms. Yeah sure i can cover it up with clothes but i'm always all itchy from it and feel gross and in the really hot weather you don't really want to be all covered up in clothes. I've had this problem starting when i was 22. So anyone who says acne is a teenage thing and is always outgrown with age is totally wrong and doesn't know what they're talking about. First i had lots of it all over my face, neck, chest, back and arms, but now just my back and arms. It almost completely went away for a while, when i was 23 and 24, when i eliminated dairy and almost all processed foods, and exercised every day, but let's face it, that's really hard to keep up and eventually i get lazy and go back to my sedentary not so health conscious lifestyle. I am thinking maybe i need to eliminate dairy and refined sugar again, but it's really hard because i would never be able to eat with my parents ever again or eat anywhere outside my own home. So i'm wondering if i should ask my doctor to try me on some medicine for acne. But i don't know.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
My acne got progressively worse throughout my twenties (it was never bad as a teenager) until I tried changing my diet at 26. The dietary changes (avoiding high-glycemic foods, eating plenty of vegetables, trying to avoid too high of an omega-6 : omega-3 ratio) work pretty well to control it for me, although it's definitely not easy to always eat well, and it took several months for my skin to really start clearing up.

·
Such is life
554 Posts
I have it too except I've had acne since I was a kid about 10 or so. I need to go to a dermatologist, but I can't afford it. I have it even worse on my back. It really sucks when I have to take my shirt off like to go swimming in a bikini or something...everybody I know has to pretend they're not staring at it. I use this stuff they sell called "clean and clear". It works pretty well, along with back wash. It's not as bad as it was when I was 14-17. The bacne just popped up when I was 18, for some reason. I had it on my chest too. I should probably just should save money and go to the doctor.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Salicylic acid is also really helpful for acne, especially when used with benzoyl peroxide. Salicylic acid is an exfoliant, which means that it helps get rid of some of those dead skin cells that can clog your pores. Sometimes using these two products together can cause skin to dry out a little, so it's good to have a light, non-greasy moisturizer on hand for whenever you might need it. Oh, and it's a good idea to stay away from anything with fragrance in it, as that can irritate the skin. Hope this helps a little!

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
There's evidence that benzoyl peroxide causes premature aging.
I hope that is where the moisturizer comes in.

I don't want to look further along in the 29+ Club than I already am! :afr

·
Registered
472 Posts
Raw garlic two cloves crushed. Cut into small pieces and swallow with a beveridge

It works but you will reek o garlic the next day.
Garlic is natures antobiotic.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I truly believe spot treatment with retin-A will soothe your acne troubles away. Being a potent vitamin A agent, it will help speed skin cell turnover rate, leaving skin free from clogged pores..

It's prescribed by the dr and is cheaper than standard acne treatments in the skin care industry..hooray!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had to get a medication for mine. I never had an issue until I was 19 where my entire forehead had broken out overnight. I got it again just last summer, it wouldnt go away, and I wanted to scream at people for telling me to wash my face more often because this wasn't your run of the mill breakout I was experiencing a bacterial infection of some kind. At this point today I just gotta deal with the scars and a couple new pimples here and there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, i know exactly how u feel. I got adult Acne at age 27. I had it on my face, arms, and back and it was very painful. I live in UK and got prescribed Roaccutane by my doctor. it took about 18 months to get rid of it but it worked. The side effect are really bad though. I got very very depressed, my lips peeled and were sore, scabs up my nose. They are no longer available in UK as there have been alot of reports of suicide being associated with Roaccutane (which i can well believe). I hope this helps :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts