Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like any other day I googled for possible causes of anxiety and found this. Lots of the listed symptoms are shared by numerous other diseases but I think I should be checked for this.

# Weakness - YES
# Dizziness - Yes
# Fatigue - YES
# Weight loss - No(no change)
# Abdominal discomfort - Yes
# Increased skin pigmentation - No
# Mental problems - YES
# Depression - YES
# Muscle pain - No
# Joint pain - YES
# Dehydration - Yes
# Gastrointestinal disturbances - YES
# Anxiety - YES
# Restlessness - YES
# Emotional distress - YES
# Reduced tolerance to physical stress - YES
# Reduced tolerance to emotional stress - YES
# Reduced blood sodium - N/A
# Reduced blood glucose - N/A
# High blood potassium - N/A
# Tremors - YES
# Reduced blood pressure - No
# Fainting - No

·
Registered
706 Posts
Adrenal fatigue is due to the result of experiencing an adrenal shot, such as being exposed to frightening situations. You might be getting some of it when confronting situations that make you anxious but it's not the cause, it's the result.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't it in turn provoke more anxiety though?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Are you referring to when the adrenal gland is overworked over long periods of time and no longer working properly as a result?

I read in The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook (Edmund J. Bourne) that if the adrenal gland is overworked for long periods of time it can be a cause of anxiety. It may be the result of anxiety which caused it to overwork for that long period of time in the first place.

So, it can be a cause, and a result, and a reason to provoke future anxiety.

I'm taking steps to identify and reduce or eliminate the things in my life that cause stress to give me and my gland a break. I'm not doing this to become avoidant, but instead to be calmer.
Again that could probably be explained by stress. Bouncers who work on the doors for long periods will find that if they get frequent bouts of adrenalin and if they don't find away to channel that stress then it sort of builds up and ends up blowing a top.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts