Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i only recently started visiting this site regularly. im addicted to it. its like the only communication i have at this point. i don't even bother talking to my parents - they don't understand or care anymore. therapists/counsellors are useless too. i like talking to people who at least understand my situation even if they don't really care about me.

is this healthy or not?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think it's quite healthy since you are telling people on here how you feel instead of bottling everything up.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I don't think it's healthy if you only feel like you can express yourself here. I mean like this site shouldn't replace your therapist/parents. That's unhealthy (imo).

I'm addicted too, I'm completely aware of it as well lol. But I don't necessarily think that's horrible, because like siringo mentioned expressing yourself here can be very helpful, and I enjoy helping others who are going through similar problems (or any problem really, but especially when it's anxiety-related). I know that once I get a steady social life I won't need this place nearly as much (but I won't abandon it), but as for right now, I think this site is good for me and I'm glad it's here when I need it :)

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
More than likely it will gradually subside. You're relishing the relief of finally being able to show your true self and thrilled to feel a sense of belonging. Feels nice to let the burdens of being an outsider go,doesn't it?

·
planning relocation
714 Posts
I dont see anything wrong with it. If talking to other people with SA makes you feel better, then go with it.

·
electric
6,777 Posts
Maybe some things about it are good and healthy and you know it and like these parts, and maybe some things about it you think have room for improvement, so that maybe it is not so simple as that. Anyone will crave for their needs to be met. Does SAS satisfy you completely if you say yourself the people have limited concern for you? Maybe not, but you'll do the best you can with what you have.

Don't say your parents and therapists and counselors are useless though.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I am addicted to it too so I feel you.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
im only in this section. sometimes i forget there are a ton of other sections in this forum.
i love coming over here from time to time though. i literally never talked about SA before I found this site and things have gotten better too in my own life. so since it has been good to me, I hope this site will have positive effects on anybody else here.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
I tend to not spend so much time on here much anymore. It wears you down after awhile and you need a break. Other than that, I enjoy replying to threads, and checking my PM inbox to see who's riding on my *** about a comment.

·
Registered
138 Posts
At the beginning when i found this site i was addicted also,but my visiting has simmered down since then. But i definitely think it's a great site. I can come and share experiences and know that someone in here gets where i am coming from. For me, it's a really good comfort.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts