Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone took adderall as a way to help them concentrate while they're studying? does it work? also, does anyone know if adderall can cause addiction?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yes that would help substantially. taking it on the weekends for school though? lol

If you take days off you are all good. some people even take a couple weeks off once in a while.

When I took it I didn't take it everyday just a few days in a row then a couple days off and there were no ill effects and everything was good. I only did this for a few months though, I don't have long term experience with it.

For focus and creativity I find it to help TREMENDOUSLY. If you are using this for school work get ready to turn into a power player. When I took just 15mg sublingually of instant release Adderall I was able to blow through an entire 300-400 page book in one whole night. The stuff is amazing. I love it. But that's why I'm also afraid of it in terms of wanting it for everyday long term use.

Maybe some of the other guys in here that have been using it for a while could shed some more light, I too would be interested in hearing your guy's thoughts/experiences for sure.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm not in school anymore so I can't say if it helps me study or not.

If I take it at work I will stay at work until like 10 p.m. after getting there at 9:00 a.m. So I can sit in a cubicle and work for 13 hours when I am on Adderall and I don't get bored. I actually don't want to stop working. I'm very focused on my work and I don't feel bored and ready to leave at 5:00 p.m. like I do when I don't take Adderall.

Now, on the otherhand, I think I may actually get more done at work when I am not taking Adderall. I am a computer programmer and I have a hard time completing difficult tasks when I take Adderall. I can do simple things like fill out paper work when I am on Adderall, but I have a hard time doing things that require you to think. I can work on something for 2 hours and still not figure it out when I am on Adderall. But if I don't take Adderall the next day then I can figure it out in 15 minutes. I also lose my train of thougth when I am on Adderall and will go off on a tangent and completely forget about what I was doing 5 minutes before.

But keep in mind that I do not have ADHD. I am taking it for CFS(Chronic Fatigue Syndrome).

I also take Paxil and Welbutrin and I've noticed that they make my brain a bit foggy too.

As far as addiction goes I have been taking the Adderall for about 2 months now and I do feel that I am starting to get addicted to it. Another thing is that I have a hard time controling my thoughts when I am on Adderall. I can start having negative thougths and get depressed very easily. I really don't like it at all. But it is helping me lose weight though so as soon as I lose 7 more lbs I am going to get off of it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I would take magnesium glycinate at relatively high doses (400-600mg elemental) along with any Adderall to stop your pleasure centres getting burnt out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts