Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dubstepper
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've taken Adderall before with no symptoms like this, so I don't really know this time. I took it for 4 days, probably more than I should have but not above 'recommended' dose.

Yesterday I felt like this too, but today it's more noticeable. Yesterday was the first day off of it after 4 days of taking it.

Today:
My heart is racing very fast, it's hard to breathe. To the point it's making my brain functioning very fuzzy and dizzy. Doing 'heavy' work makes me feel like I may pass out. When I try to eat it feels like I'm full even when I'm not. My stomach feels strange like I'm constantly flexing it (not the usual bloated feeling from Adderall). Drinking and eating seem to help temporarily but then it feels like I haven't eaten or drank anything. My motor skills seem very skewed, my brain doesn't have 100% control of anything like it usually does.

I constantly feel like I want to lay down, but sleeping seems to make it worse.
If this keeps up I'm going to end up going to the hospital. I can't do much at all like this.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Exactly how much did you take? XR or immediate release?

The effect should wear off soon enough. Just stop taking excessive amounts.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Today:
My heart is racing very fast, it's hard to breathe. To the point it's making my brain functioning very fuzzy and dizzy. Doing 'heavy' work makes me feel like I may pass out. When I try to eat it feels like I'm full even when I'm not. My stomach feels strange like I'm constantly flexing it (not the usual bloated feeling from Adderall). Drinking and eating seem to help temporarily but then it feels like I haven't eaten or drank anything. My motor skills seem very skewed, my brain doesn't have 100% control of anything like it usually does.
Did you take Adderall on an empty stomach? Try taking it with a meal that is either high in fat or fiber. Fat slows drug metabolism because drugs dissolve in fat. Fiber slows drug metabolism because fiber encapsulates everything.

It'll take some of the edge off if you swallow a slow release vitamin C with it. Stimulants trigger a stress hormone called cortisol, and vitamin C removes cortisol.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Rebound anxiety
Have a few drinks or some other substance like benzo until it goes away

·
Dubstepper
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rebound anxiety
Have a few drinks or some other substance like benzo until it goes away
I ended up going up to the ER, they gave me Lorazapam(sp) which ive taken before. The weird thing is I spent 4 hours waiting for the doctor and then my symtpoms were nearly gone by the time I got in, and now they are creeping back up again. Blood tests and everything were perfect.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I'd be interested to know how much you took... I'm trying it out with Zoloft and I was thinking 20 mg of XR. I do not have ADHD. It's for leftover anhedonia and fatigue from zoloft.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I ended up going up to the ER, they gave me Lorazapam(sp) which ive taken before. The weird thing is I spent 4 hours waiting for the doctor and then my symtpoms were nearly gone by the time I got in, and now they are creeping back up again. Blood tests and everything were perfect.
It's just rebound effects and issues that are mostly in your head.

Based on symptoms almost disappearing for no reason and doctor just giving you a benzo and sending you on your way

Best thing to do would be strenuous exercise but I imagine all your symptoms have gone by now ?

·
Dubstepper
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On a side note, a half hour ER visit (waiting for 4 hours beforehand), which they took about 5-6 tests total cost $1700 (covered by Insurance, but still major bull****). I figured it would cost a few hundred dollars, knowing that hospitals can be overpriced on some things, but nearly $2000 for an ER visit that lasted 30 minutes and I had to wait 4 hours for.. quite a rip off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts