Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is tolerance to adderall fast? If i take it for depression and anxieties will i develop a tolerance to its effects? im on klonopin agian and its great for social anxiety. By the way I dont abuse meds at all. Hopefully if adderall works then it could be long term.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The development of tolerance with adderall varies from person to person. I don't have any issues with tolerance but I only take 5mg every 4-5 hours.

Its not a good med to use by itself for anxiety or depression. It will make you feel elated and confident for a few hours followed by increased depression and anxiety (the crash). Even the initial effects of the med actually makes me more anxious as well as a lot of other people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I find Klonopin and aderall to mix perfectly to solve my SAD. I'm on Wellbutrin too but have had no major effect yet from that. I keep the dose of the benzo down. I don't see if your body needs to calm down, and you use it within therapeutic doses, how it could bd harmful. My SAD is extremely severe and my dr will not script me the aderrall. I know he won't he just scripted me ****ty ativan which I am just going to switch Fack to .5 knlonppins, and probably a 1mg of aderall. That works for me. The antidepressant can come with time and trial of other types such as NRIs. My problem is getting my doctor to understand that aderall helps my sad. I can't tell him I've taken it unscripted lol...any help on how to talk a very by the book psychiatrist into scripting a SAD,MDD, and panic disorder afflicted male that would be me, who just turned 20(damn stereotypes), into adding adetrall or some kind of stimulant to combat the benzo

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Terrible long term choice. You will quickly become worn out, depressed and most of all very anti-social. Look up some experiences by ADHD stimulant users. Combined with a benzo, that's a great way to become a complete zombie.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
It can be a long term solution in combination with something for tolerance like memantine; for many amphetamine is the only working drug and many do indeed have long term succes.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
After using it for a year, I lean on the no side. Even memanine only slows tolerance, it doesn't prevent it (or so I've heard). I'm at 10-20 mg every 4-5 hours and can barely feel it. Ive taken 40mg with very little, if any positive effect. The only difference between 40 and 20 is a worse comedown

1 - 7 of 7 Posts