Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of us have so little happiness with the opposite sex, so we are mostly sad except when we forget about it with movies, hobbies, etc.

So most people know the happy feeling from alcohol and how its easier to talk in a bar for example..........anyone take ADs and have them work about the same way ?

Maybe alcohol/weed/etc add too much euphoria to compare, but I'd settle for a good overall mood, because I know even sober I'll go talk to a few girls usually when in a happy enough mood.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Ad pills will make anxiety ten fold higher and shrink your genitals by causing vasconstriction. Also raises cortisol level increasing blood sugar lowering serum testosterone, stimulating sympathetic nervous system etc.

Ad pills= demon pill.

Say no to demon pills.

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
Ad pills will make anxiety ten fold higher and shrink your genitals by causing vasconstriction. Also raises cortisol level increasing blood sugar lowering serum testosterone, stimulating sympathetic nervous system etc.

Ad pills= demon pill.

Say no to demon pills.
Ehh NO!

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
Most of us have so little happiness with the opposite sex, so we are mostly sad except when we forget about it with movies, hobbies, etc.

So most people know the happy feeling from alcohol and how its easier to talk in a bar for example..........anyone take ADs and have them work about the same way ?

Maybe alcohol/weed/etc add too much euphoria to compare, but I'd settle for a good overall mood, because I know even sober I'll go talk to a few girls usually when in a happy enough mood.
Are you sure you are on the right forum?

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm saying I just wish I could be in a nice happy relaxed mood in bars. I used to go sober a lot this winter, and even talked to a few girls like that. I need to try again, but I do have a lot of depression, and alcohol of course lifts my mood most times, although it certainly doesn't mean I talk to girls either, like last night, I did terrible. I even think there was 2-3 girls that I could have talked to, but I found excuses not to.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts

Ad pills= demon pill.

Say no to demon pills.
Lol. Ya, no.

AD pills might make you anxious at first, but this is because of upregulation before downregulation.

Normally serotonin doesn't cause vasoconstriction, it actually does the opposite. Norepinephrine is responsible for vasoconstriction. Contraction of smooth muscles.

Shouldn't lower testosterone or hormones unless you're on antipsychotics.

Personally, I was a mess at my worst. Super anxious/almost unable to leave the house + depressed to the point where I'd walk around my neighbourhood all night to keep myself from killing myself indoors.

AD's have brought me to a place where I can function at 70% of my norm. They also reduced my emotions and I have no trouble at all ever talking to girls/socializing. This does take a month or so of practice though. It doesn't come naturally.

On AD's I can work again, go to school again, I have a GF, I hardly come on these boards etc..

The best thing to do with girls is just to approach them. Go in and just be like, hey I don't think I've met you yet, or genuinely compliment something about their outfit (there's usually something), or just do something weird like walk up to them, keep eye contact, don't say anything and just hold out your hand to shake theirs. Like this **** always works as long as you play within your limits. If you're like a 6 on looks, try between 4-8, or 5-7. Don't be delusional about girls.

There's so many ways that this works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts