Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To act with conviction is to believe in what you are acting on.

I feel as though I am just going through the motions, like I'm behind this thick pane of glass all of the time. Sort of don't feel real a lot of the time. I try to write out thoughts but they seem pretensed, as if they are someone else's. I struggle to relate to myself or do things wholeheartedly. or have no 'punch' if it were.

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah, i get what you mean. its as if theres no true feeling and understanding of oneself when we are crippled with this disorder, or who knows, maybe other people without SA have these type of issues. but, it really does feel like a wall is between me and my real self.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
To act with conviction is to believe in what you are acting on.

I feel as though I am just going through the motions, like I'm behind this thick pane of glass all of the time. Sort of don't feel real a lot of the time. I try to write out thoughts but they seem pretensed, as if they are someone else's. I struggle to relate to myself or do things wholeheartedly. or have no 'punch' if it were.
I know how you feel. I often feel like I don't have a strong set of beliefs, convictions, passions, desires . . . I don't feel grounded; I don't feel connected to anything; I don't feel a sense of purpose or direction. I somehow don't feel "real"; my thoughts and ideas feel arbitrary and vague. I'm not sure how to think or feel or act with certainty and a sense of wholeness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts