Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an interview tomorrow for an account manager. Does anyone have any inside experience with this or know of someone who performs in this role? What tips would you give someone as an entry-level applicant?

Please help ASAP? I'm really nervous.

·
Banned
8,934 Posts
For what kind of company? Products or Services?

For what kind of customers? Consumers or Companies?

While there are some common responsibilities of the generic account manager, it can really vary greatly.

Predominantly, this is a "customer service" role and mostly focuses on helping to resolve issues by routing problems to the right people in the organization to solve them.

That being said, the title could also be a very sales oriented role or a combination of the two.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For what kind of company? Products or Services?

For what kind of customers? Consumers or Companies?

While there are some common responsibilities of the generic account manager, it can really vary greatly.

Predominantly, this is a "customer service" role and mostly focuses on helping to resolve issues by routing problems to the right people in the organization to solve them.

That being said, the title could also be a very sales oriented role or a combination of the two.
Well... if it is sales-heavy I probably won't be able to do it. If it's mainly emails, phones & tech support it would be fine.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have an interview, isn't there an associated job description including responsibilities?
Well the only information I got was that it was a full-time position and the job title. I'm guessing part of the purpose of the interview is to describe my responsibilities and see if I would be fit for the position.

I've looked up examples of what an account manager does and it's pretty much different anywhere you look. Some are sales-heavy jobs, while others are more behind the scenes with tech support and general clerical duties. I'm pretty much just going to see what it's about, but I already have another interview scheduled for next week so it really doesn't matter if this turns out to not work.

·
Banned
8,934 Posts
You can do it. Order something simple that can be eaten easily, I.e. soup. It isn't messy and you can swallow it quickly to continue talking.

You're doing great. ..One step at a time.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can do it. Order something simple that can be eaten easily, I.e. soup. It isn't messy and you can swallow it quickly to continue talking.

You're doing great. ..One step at a time.
Well, they called me in for a second interview. I guess we'll see how this goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts