Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moving Towards Destiny
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I just started a one man company doing Access database development and I welcome anything you may wish to share. ( LOL, When I make my first million I will let you all know ).

I have to cut this short, I have to go for now, but I am finally getting into Access VBA and you can do quite a bit with Access. The only rub is that it is a pain to put up an Access database on the web because you either have to use SharePoint or SQL server both of which are very lengthy to deal with and I have not gotten yet into that I am embarrassed to say.

There are other good alternatives to getting databases up on the web without too much trouble such as Quickbase and I think it is called TrackVia and other sites where you can upload your Access database. At this point I am not going to delve into Oracle, I do not have the time to study up on it as much as I wish I could. I am fairly new at it. Studied various languages in school; COBOL, Fortran, assembler, C++, VB.NET, VB 6, and various forms of old Basic long ago.

Anyway guys, if you feel like bantering about Access, banter away !
Thanks !
Chuck

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,356 Posts
I did some of that in college and it was not for me. That's all :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts