Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, im 18 years old and I just realized probably a couple months ago that I have social anxiety although I have never seen a doctor about it or diagnosed with it. This probably isnt the best time for me to go to the doctor to go get meds, since I have been abusing oxycontin and looking into other pharms that I can get a high off of. One of the reasons for me going to the doctor is that I have a bit of hope he will prescribe me some xanax or klonopin. Did you guys get prescribed these your first time going?

Should I go see the doctor? I want my SA to be gone, but I also want the meds and I am kind of flustered whether or not I should go.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Paxil is quite a nice SSRI to try first time for SA. It was a wonder drug for me but it stopped working after a while. I consider it the only SSRI that actually works for treating SA.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Paxil is quite a nice SSRI to try first time for SA. It was a wonder drug for me but it stopped working after a while. I consider it the only SSRI that actually works for treating SA.
And to me Paxil was nothing but an anti-orgasm pill that made me sweat a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, I definately wouldn't of told my doctor about my oxycontin abuse. Telling him about panic attacks is a good idea although I have never experienced it and if he asked me questions about it I probably wouldn't have a clue what to say. I also think I have a mild case of insomnia, not sure though but ever since i was 10-11 years old it always took me at least an hour to fall asleep. I still have troubles falling asleep, I could turn the tv off at 3 AM and not fall sleep till 4-5 AM. Maybe that could him in with prescribing me xanax too?

Also do you think it is safe to tell him that I smoke weed on a daily basis if he does ask if I use drugs? I was going to tell him I smoke weed maybe once or twice a week, but wouldn't have told him anything else I have done in the past.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also I seen a show about a kid on Zoloft and while he was on it he killed his grandparents and had ALOT of suicidal thoughts, if he was to try and prescribe me this I would of told him that.

Also paxil sounds no good, anti-orgasm? lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I definately wouldn't of told my doctor about my oxycontin abuse. Telling him about panic attacks is a good idea although I have never experienced it and if he asked me questions about it I probably wouldn't have a clue what to say. I also think I have a mild case of insomnia, not sure though but ever since i was 10-11 years old it always took me at least an hour to fall asleep. I still have troubles falling asleep, I could turn the tv off at 3 AM and not fall sleep till 4-5 AM. Maybe that could him in with prescribing me xanax too?

Also do you think it is safe to tell him that I smoke weed on a daily basis if he does ask if I use drugs? I was going to tell him I smoke weed maybe once or twice a week, but wouldn't have told him anything else I have done in the past.
You could tell him, but I don't see what it would accomplish.

Maybe you should just be upfront with your doctor. After all, with a name like Continoxy, maybe more drugs isn't what you need. :)

Just out of curiosity, how much are you paying for your oxy?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could tell him, but I don't see what it would accomplish.

Maybe you should just be upfront with your doctor. After all, with a name like Continoxy, maybe more drugs isn't what you need. :)

Just out of curiosity, how much are you paying for your oxy?
I was thinking because xanax is a sedative and it puts people to sleep it would lead my doc towards its way? haha i don't know.

Also I really haven't been doing drugs for that long, I was always anti-drug but something health problems with my mom and dad kind of led me to depression and stress so of course, this led me to my drug use.

And it really depends on the price of oxy, I have two different people and it depends on the mood there in or how many they have left because its really hard to find around here. Theres a buddy I know that sells them but hes 18 also so his prices are usually higher but this 45 year old guy I know gets them all the time and hooks it up.

But it usually goes like this
15$ = 20mg (kid)
20$ = 40mg
35$ = 80 mg

I think there pretty good prices considering the other prices i've seen on the internet.

Whenever I can I get the 80's or 40's obviously but when the old geezer's all out I go to my buddy and he'll hook up a little deal if I buy more than 2.

You do oxy's also? If so how much you get them for?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Also I seen a show about a kid on Zoloft and while he was on it he killed his grandparents and had ALOT of suicidal thoughts, if he was to try and prescribe me this I would of told him that.

Also paxil sounds no good, anti-orgasm? lol
Yes it is pretty true, but I consider Effexor way worse after trying both. The anti-orgasm thing wasn't so much of a major problem for me as I just wanted to feel less anxious and Paxil did wonders. But, for me it's the only SSRI that kinda touched my anxiety before pooping out on me, so to speak. All other medications I have tried cause far too many problems on top of my anxiety that remained untouched by them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was thinking because xanax is a sedative and it puts people to sleep it would lead my doc towards its way? haha i don't know.

Also I really haven't been doing drugs for that long, I was always anti-drug but something health problems with my mom and dad kind of led me to depression and stress so of course, this led me to my drug use.

And it really depends on the price of oxy, I have two different people and it depends on the mood there in or how many they have left because its really hard to find around here. Theres a buddy I know that sells them but hes 18 also so his prices are usually higher but this 45 year old guy I know gets them all the time and hooks it up.

But it usually goes like this
15$ = 20mg (kid)
20$ = 40mg
35$ = 80 mg

I think there pretty good prices considering the other prices i've seen on the internet.

Whenever I can I get the 80's or 40's obviously but when the old geezer's all out I go to my buddy and he'll hook up a little deal if I buy more than 2.

You do oxy's also? If so how much you get them for?
I've only done Oxy once, at college, as nobody around here ever seems to have it. I paid $20 for a 40 mg. I wouldn't pay more than that because I can easily get 5 mg Pecs and Vics for $2.50 a piece, though it is nice not having to swallow as much - I hate swallowing pills!

But real talk, if you really think the benzos would help you, do some research on panic attacks on the 'net and tell him you're experiencing them. He probably won't be too keen to prescribe them for sleep, as it would likely lead to addiction.

·
Banned
642 Posts
If your having sleep problems ask for some ambien or lunesta, that'll be easier to get.

As for panic attacks just tell him all your muscles get REALLY tense, your feel this urge of pain through out your body (not like a physical pain) and it makes you feel like your dying.

Be carefull with whatever you get, from reading your post, it gives me the feeling like you'd be easily jammed up

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Please do not give out any medical advice. Persons with medical conditions or or past conditions should consult a professional for help and advice. Anyone giving advice without a professional degree is not permitted to do so on the boards and is dangerous. Anyone not complying will get their post deleted.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I'll second that
***Thread Lock Watch***

It is OKAY to disclose information to you doctor. There is PATIENT CONFIDENTIALITY/HIPPA that comes into play. They can only release information WITH YOUR PERMISSION. DO NOT WITHHOLD INFORMATION FROM DOCTORS OR IT CAN MISLEAD AND KEEP YOU FROM GETTING THE NECESSARY TREATMENT

ookay...off my shoutbox.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Who's giving medical advice? We're just helping him better describe his problem to his doctor. In the end his doctor will be deciding his DX's. Not us.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
I am concerned about your need to get prescription meds to get high, low, or whatever the intent. You should seek professional help for your addiction, Continoxy. The doctors know what will help you-things you might be able to take for your benefit but please do not ask anyone who is NOT a professional.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Again this is not a medical advice website-nor are we professionals.

Who's giving medical advice? We're just helping him better describe his problem to his doctor. In the end his doctor will be deciding his DX's. Not us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Again, i am kind of drunk right now, but im only asking because I want o get rid of my SA rASAP but also, to be truthly fully honest I wouldn't mind getting prescribed xanax for the SA treatment plus getting rid of my family problems/pain problems and getting a buzz at the same time.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
There has never been any credible link shown between SSRIs use and homicidal urges or action. Given how very common Zoloft is you'll surely find somebody on it who's killed.

As for suicidal ideation, this problem seems to be an issue with all ADs. The theory seems to be that ADs can give you a boot of energy before they actually relieve your depression, so instead of being so depressed you can't get out of bed, you're still depressed, but now you finally have the energy to get your butt out of bed & fashion a noose out that rope and hang yourself, for example.

Many in the medical community think the FDA's black box warning about suicide does more harm than good. After it was placed on all modern ADs prescriptions to teens dropped off and suicides rates for teens went up. Impossible to prove a causal link, but it's not unreasonable to speculate that depressed teens went untreated and killed themselves as a result.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts