Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been on 150mg of zoloft for 6 month now with no improvemwnt. My gp said to take 100mg for 4 days, then 50mg for 4 days whilst taking 20mg of paxil. To me this doeant really sound like the best way to go about switching meds what do you guys think?

·
Registered
93 Posts
its seems kind of fast but the analogies seem correct, I am interested if you see an improvement with paxil over zoloft

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Your telling me your taking 150 mg of Zoloft and you don't feel anything? Even side effects? Haha I think they give you a sugar pill mate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill guess ill stick to what has been suggested. Mustafa, what makes you yhink that 150mg means its a sugar pill if no effects occur? Could just be simply that zoloft mechanism are not targeting the sites for me that are needed hence what why would there be a difference between 50mg and 45000mg?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So still very early, but day 5 off sertraline 150mg cold turkey, no bad effects whatsoever and no noticeable effects from being on paxil for 5 days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive 5 days left of my months worth of paroxetine. No results yet, no side effects mentally or physically. I know having no side effects would be a blessing for many but its making me think my bodies either rejecting the paxil or not even digesting it. Im going to stick it out and likely go beyond the 6-8 week mark to give it a fair trial. Im at 20mgs, but I feel you only need to increase if it works but not fully/consistantly and theres little poibt that 60mg will work if you felt nothing from 20mg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts