Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gamer
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I am taking 10mg of Abilify (by order of my Pdoc claiming that I am paranoid -- I don't think I need abilify and dont think I am paranoid), I also take 15 mg of remeron for sleeping each night (and this med i must keep, i can change the rest but i must keep remeron for sleeping) and I want to add Lexapro to this remeron abilify combo. Is it safe to take Lexapro remeron and abilify together? Some interaction sites i check say there is no interaction and others say there is even interaction between remeron and abilify (which my pdoc never mentioned to me). So is it safe to take Lexapro, 10mg abilify and 15 mg remeron together?

·
Gamer
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i wanted an SSRI for social anxiety.. remeron is not very good for social anxiety, i heard it was mildly stimulating at 45mg but nothing like an SSRI..

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I suspect all AD cocktails as too risky
It depends entirely on which drugs the cocktail consists of.

So is it safe to take Lexapro, 10mg abilify and 15 mg remeron together?
As far as I can tell, yes. If I were you I'd increase the Remeron to a bit higher to block Abilify and Lexapro's negative effects on the 5-HT2C serotonin receptor, otherwise you may get a feeling of dysphoria and restlessness. I'd probably also increase Lexapro slowly, because most of its side-effects will be nullified by Remeron.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts