Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to watch episodes of Britain's Got Talent, and I just saw a performance that made me really proud. Jamie Pugh suffers from extreme stage fright, it's obvious he's really scared to audition, yet he does it anyway, and the reaction he gets is amazing. This little video makes me glad, and hopeful. =)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very touching! I was immediately drawn to this guy, and could feel his nervousness and awkwardness through the screen! Good for him! He was selling himself too short for too long of a time, and it's good that he finally stepped it up!

·
Registered
761 Posts
He's adorable... I really like him. He's so sincere. It's amazing that he did that.

·
Registered
706 Posts
He did brilliantly.

I can't usually sit through that because most of the acts are so awful. Some of these contestants seem so deluded it's embarrassing, but every now and then one comes along that surprise’s everyone.

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
that was brilliant!! i'm always at work when the show is on. but wow!! he did so well!
on a sidenote, we're trying to convince a woman we work with to become a professional susan boyle look-a-like :p if you ever see the woman i work with, you will know why!! lol. the amount of times she gets customers telling her (mockingly) how well she did on the show. lmao!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Totally reminds me of the Zack Greinke story in SI this month. I hope this experience lets Jamie really cut loose. I'd pay to hear him just let it rip and belt something like Con Ti Volare

Edit: POR Ti Volare. Crossed my wires there with "Con te Partiro." Same song. Still want to hear it.

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
stage fright can be considered as a specific social anxiety disorder, as opposed to what probably 99.9% of us on here have, which is generalized social anxiety disorder, which applies to everything in life, not just 1 or 2 specific things. i believe that's what i read when i first started reading up on SA after my diagnosis :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.