Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a bar for a friend's 21st birthday. I sat down at a table across from people I had not ever met. Things actually went pretty well that day because I didn't let what someone said get to me. Someone sitting across from me said "Should I take off my jacket? I don't want to look like a skank." She was looking right at me and said it in a *****y way which I took to mean she was referring to what I was wearing. I might have been dressed a little too revealing. But I don't see how such things matter so much. What I was wearing wasn't even all that bad. There are shorter skirts out there then what I had on. Anyways, I just laughed at what she said and I didn't show any sign that what she said hurt my feelings.

·
Banned
133 Posts
Great work, now the trick is to see if you can do this on a consistent basis! Not caring is the hardest thing for the anxious to do! If you're feeling really brave, you can tell her to piss off and let her know that what she is saying is not okay!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I find that if I'm not thinking about it, I don't care about it. Like if I'm focusing on something else more interesting or important.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts