Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since you can't take meds like Amphetamines and DXM while on MAOI'S, what if you somehow lowered your blood pressure really low before taking them? IDK, maybe run on the treadmill for a while till you start to see stuff like those annoying blueish lights you see when taking a picture or looking at the sun. This happened to me the other day while running on the tread mill, out of nowhere I was seeing these blue spots so I stopped and learned that it was my blood pressure going too low. So anyway, What if you get you make your blood pressure real low and then take say, Adderall. I know your blood pressure would go up but its already so low. Do you think that this would make a hypertensive reaction not occur?

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely not safe. Even if your bp drops via the treadmill, it only does so for a short period of time before it corrects itself. Amphetamines + MAOI are active much longer.
Why do you want to take both?
There's no way in hell that I'd ever take DXM or an Amphetamine while being on Nardil. This was just a thought that popped in my head and just wondered what the outcome would be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Okay, what do if you are a bit ADD and have SA to boot? I just got a script for Parnate but my pharmacy won't fill it because I also had a script for Dexedrine filled within the last month. Anyone have any experience with Parnate helping out with their ADD? My pdoc didn't thing that Parnate would significantly increase dopamine levels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.