Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also have the program that your Dad bought for you. :agree It does work. You just have to retrain your brain. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
It does work...

It is like giving a patient hearing to the negative thoughts that are trying to tell something, but without giving in...

and then analysing them rationally. Do the negative thoughts have any basis - any meaning. If yes, then what should you do about it. If no, why think that thought at all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks jesserie.

What do you think I do if I stray away from the excercise for a while though? You see, I did it for a while last year, but then later I got discouraged.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I personally just go back to the exercises like this when I stray from them. My brain remembers enough from learning how to do them seven months ago. Even if I backtracked, it's easier to get on track. Even if you can't do the exercises all the time or always see the need for them, when you do, there is nothing wrong with going back and giving it a new whirl. The effects from such exercises is cumulative over the years. And as you get smarter and smarter, year after year, it just gets better and easier to understand what makes you personally feel better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts