Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a silly but effective technique to take a bad experience thats bothering you and take the hurt and pain out of it. Bear with me, I'm not out of my mind, this technique is used by therapists.

I tried it on a friend of mine after he had a bad experience at karaoke, the next day he was laughing about the incident.

1. Run through the incident like a film in your head.

2. Add the following silly music:
Or any music you think is silly.

3. Run the memory backwards whilst keeping the silly soundtrack.

4. View the memory from different camera angles, watch it from different angles, with the music playing. Do this backwards.

I found myself saying after I did this:

Hahaha I can't believe, hahaha they actually pulled over haha in their car, shouted at me 'Loser' and drove away haha.

·
Banned
497 Posts
This is a silly but effective technique to take a bad experience thats bothering you and take the hurt and pain out of it. Bear with me, I'm not out of my mind, this technique is used by therapists.

I tried it on a friend of mine after he had a bad experience at karaoke, the next day he was laughing about the incident.

1. Run through the incident like a film in your head.

2. Add the following silly music:
Or any music you think is silly.

3. Run the memory backwards whilst keeping the silly soundtrack.

4. View the memory from different camera angles, watch it from different angles, with the music playing. Do this backwards.

I found myself saying after I did this:

Hahaha I can't believe, hahaha they actually pulled over haha in their car, shouted at me 'Loser' and drove away haha.
this is similar to an nlp technique called the fast phobia cure . it works although you need to be a bit more precise with the instructions for it to work and it can take 30 mins plus to do it properly. youve covered the basics though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts