Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is mine,

I cant apply eyeliner. Seriously. I cant freakin do it! I have watched numerous "how to" videos on youtube and still cant apply it to save my life! When I try the lines are not strait or I put to much on and then when I try to wipe it off I just smudge it and it makes me look like I got in Chris Browns way or something. Ugggh Its frustrating to me.

Anybody else have problems doing something that seems simple for others?
(Something besides talking on the phone and group conversations :b)

·
poison apple
4,058 Posts
That's something that takes a lot of practice. I didn't get good at applying eyeliner until I had been wearing it for like 10 years, lol. Also, it depends on what kind of eyeliner you use. Some brands are easier to work with than others.

As for my simple task that I can't do, it's any kind of sport that puts wheels/blades/anything slide-y on my feet. Rollerskating, skiing, etc...all I do is fall down while looking uncoordinated and clumsy.

Also I can't snap my fingers. Like, at all. :<

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Physical activities are not difficult. Now there are a few stupid little mental tasks my brain refuses to do. If all options appear equal I cannot pick one. Not won't, can't. I make decisions very quickly when there are even the slightest reasons but given no reasons like "pick a random number" it doesn't happen. My brain does not return any output for such a request. This also applies to more complicated situations like pick a response to a question from the list of acceptable ones or make up a background (gender, age, country...) to hold a conversation in foreign language class. Choose a move to do in martial arts class to a person who is not moving and therefore not giving off any reason to do one move over another because there is no reason to do a move on a physically nonviolent person in the first place. We aren't taught the best way to beat up a passive stationary person so why am I asked to demonstrate it.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
My list could go on forever. At the top of my head & the most embarrassing would be counting money at the till. I can do it fairly well at home, but right when I step infront of the person, my brain freezes & I end up taking forever just to put down the total. Think im'a start using my bank card soon.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Folding a fitted sheet. I've watched Youtube videos on it, my coworker teaches me but I can't get it down at all.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I can't tie my shoes the adult way. I just take two loops and tie them in a knot.

I couldn't tell time until a few years ago, and even now, I kind of suck at it.

I can't style my hair. It is impossible. I can flat iron it and put it in a crappy ponytail, and that's about it.

·
FAILURE
618 Posts
....I can apply eyeliner with no problem along with proper smudging and what not. (urgh should I really be happy about that? lmao)

I wish I could turn my tongue vertically. My friend can do it without any problems I just can't seem to do it, I'm starting to think it partly genetic or something.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Oh jeez. Too many, honestly.

I think the most embarrassing one is that I can't tell right from left, or at least not without it taking me an inordinate amount of concentration and time to stop and figure out. I've never been able to get it to stick in my brain to the point where it's natural and automatic, as it seems to be for everyone else on the planet over the age of 4. :|

I couldn't tell time until a few years ago, and even now, I kind of suck at it.
Hey, me neither! Ah, I'm so happy it's not just me (but sorry you've had trouble with it, too).

·
Registered
769 Posts
I wish I could turn my tongue vertically. My friend can do it without any problems I just can't seem to do it, I'm starting to think it partly genetic or something.
It is a genetic thing. We learned about it in 10th grade biology class. Learned about Mendel's genetics theories (peas). I remember having to interview everyone in class to see what color eyes they had and if they could roll their tongue.

I can't roll my tongue, but hubby can. My kids can't either.

Can't whistle
Can't make a phone call without pacing
Can't work while someone is watching
Can't cook (though I don't count this as a simple task)

Took me a long time to learn to tell time and remember right/left. (BTW, those things are related to sensory processing disorder.)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thats exacly wat happenes to me. sometimes its like i forget how to count change whenever im counting money to the cashier. I want to give them the money as fast as possible but in the mist of that my brain just freazes. On a couple of ocassions i just handed the cashier the money to count it for his/herself, just to get the proccess over with
My list could go on forever. At the top of my head & the most embarrassing would be counting money at the till. I can do it fairly well at home, but right when I step infront of the person, my brain freezes & I end up taking forever just to put down the total. Think im'a start using my bank card soon.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.