Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you feel your life would be 10x better if a major part of your life changed?

• Yes, living situation is horrible (location, people etc.)

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Yes, I hate my job

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Yes, lack of friends/ friends are all debbie downers

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • No theres nothing i can do.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Yes, other?

Votes: 5 17.2%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you feel life would be 10 million tiimes better if...?

I used to love my life... I remember saying, out loud or in my head "I love my life" all the time... THEN I moved back in with my parents... it was a "financial decision".

It is common knowledge that you cannot let your circumstances dictate your attitude... but if your circumstances is your entire life...?

Does anyone else here feel the same way?

Luckily I move in a few weeks and I can reinvent myself. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha I guess that depends on the person's situation. For me that really is the answer... but it's because I live in my parents house and under their fundamentalist rules that I cant go out and pick up chicks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My lack of friends status is really getting me down. It also doesn't help being unemployed and living with my parents at 30 years old. I have decided to focus on education and try to figure out what the f**k I want to do with my life. Hopefully if I sort this out, friends will naturally follow.

·
Registered
261 Posts
For me that really is the answer... but it's because I live in my parents house and under their fundamentalist rules that I cant go out and pick up chicks.
Yea me too. With the living situation that is. The reason I don't go out and pick up girls is the same reason I don't play the violin, I don't know how.
But yea living with your parents is really embarrassing. Sometimes I wish I was complettly retarted instead of just socially retarded. Then living at home would be normal.

I've also considered telling girls that I'm married but looking to cheat. And that's why they can never come to my house. But I think the girls I'd be most attracted to wouldn't want to be involved in something like that.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Other: if my dad landed a job.

He was laid off without explanation about six months ago, just before Christmas. After working his *** off to get an advanced degree while single-handedly raising my brothers and me, and going into social work because he genuinely wanted to help people. And now he can't find work. It's a domino effect on everything. Through absolutely no fault of his own, suddenly there's no money, my psychotic mother is at her tipping point, everyone is severely depressed and worried all the time. Dad blames himself and can't be consoled. Unemployment has dried up. Don't qualify for welfare. Buried in debt.

Most of my anxiety right now comes from knowing how miserable everybody is...

What would be perfect is if the woman who fired him (which she almost certainly did because of his age, tho he won't file a claim about it) was held accountable for the terrible things she's done and my dad got his old job back. Would never happen...but, god I wish.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
All of the above.

·
Registered
50 Posts
"If I had friends"

:noI want friends I had friends many years ago but sadly lost contact with any friends I had. Over time due to being a wife and mother that became by focus in life and I didn't maintain the friendships I had and there by losing touch with a lot of good friends. As time went by I would over critical about someone who could be a potential friend, ruling them out for one thing or another. My husband became by best friend which isn't a bad thing except for the fact that he is a guy and well most men don't have the needs as women. Like rehashing a problem, talking it out. Woman like to talk about there feelings, most men don't.
When we get into fights about anything to do with are social life I always scream at him, "If I had friends" I would do this or that social activity, as if that's the magical solution.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you LivetoRead you could join a book club.

Arizona... if you are isolated then maybe your husband would consider moving to a suburb/city, assuming your kids have moved out.

I know it may seem like you are stuck, but most women are at least socially nice, so any group of women you join will be accepting. Maybe try something that incorporates exercise, two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Yes, If I got a job.
Then I could afford to buy the games my friends talk about, and I could host dinner parties without asking for my parents to give me money or buy stuff for me, I could even live in my own home, with maybe it's own art room and I wouldn't feel lazy when wasting time on a hobby instead of searching for a job. I could sleep at night. Hell, I could have a one night stand if I wanted to (but probably not), but bringing dates over wouldn't automatically mean "it's time to meet my parents". So many things would be better if I could just land a ****ing job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts