Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got like 90 pills 1 mg klonopin(first ever benzo) from doc to be taken 1 daily(in combination with zoloft). My question is what if i don't feel anxious on a certain day and decide not to take one on that day(in other words taking only when i feel i need one).Would this cause or be a problem? Please if your have used klonopin answer

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
It's no problem yet, but when you have taken the Klonopin for a longer time (eg. months daily) and got physical dependent on it you can not stop taking it abruptly as this would cause potentially dangerous withdrawal symptoms.

But AFAIK you planned to take regular breaks to avoid physical dependence.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah, Benzos everyday seem to be a losing situation for most. 3 days a week with doses ranging from 2mg to 6mg( rarely and only if i have to). Sometimes in one dose and sometimes spread throughout the day.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The best way to use it is as needed since you can hopefully avoid a tolerance that way. That is how I use it. I shoot for 2 times a week maybe 3.

·
Registered
1 Posts
klonopin users

Hi, I just wanted to jump in a say that my former Dr. told me to take two .5 mg daily but even .25 mg would make me drowsy and I'd have to take a nap. My new Dr. now has me taking 1-3 .5 mg before bedtime, as needed. I usually take .75-1 mg. This helps me relax and get to sleep and the half-life of the drug in my system is active enough during the daytime to help control anxiety. I hope this helps. Thanks for your post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts