Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

For the Girls: Do you prefer men to wear Cologne?

• Yes - I like the smell of it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a man and I wear Cologne on dates or otherwise occasionally.

• I'm a man and I don't wear Cologne.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I said yes, BUT... not all cologne is created equally! There is NOTHING worse than being near a man with bad cologne. Ugh!

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Less is more. I like a guy who has a hint of cologne. I want to catch a slight whiff and have to move closer in order to get a good smell. If I can smell him from 5 ft away then he's wearing too much. It should smell like it's a part of him and should cause an urge to nuzzle his neck.

Reactions: pita

·
Registered
165 Posts
Amocholes said:
Less is more. I like a guy who has a hint of cologne. I want to catch a slight whiff and have to move closer in order to get a good smell. If I can smell him from 5 ft away then he's wearing too much. It should smell like it's a part of him and should cause an urge to nuzzle his neck.
:agree

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses! I think I'm going to continue putting just a hint on.

For men: If you want to go for the "hint of cologne" which makes the girls want to get closer to you to get a full smell spray the cologne in the air then walk through the cloud. Whatever you do don't spray it directly on your neck!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I don't really like it. I'd much much rather a guy just smelled clean and like himself than put anything on. They put something in purfumes and colognes that makes almost all of it smell the same to me.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I rarely wear cologne because I don't enjoy smelling it constantly. I do however use Axe body spray, which I much prefer over cologne. Its mild and pleasant smelling without the overpowering stench some colognes have.

·
Registered
10,478 Posts
I never could stand wearing it. It makes me sneeze. It doesn't bother me if I am around other people that are wearing it. It just bothers me when I am. My mom use to buy be cologne for Christmas. I have many bottles that date back to the Mid 1980's. I should just throw it out. I am such a pack rat. :lol

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
Amocholes said:
:ditto It has to be subtle. I like the thought it triggers in my mind to be "Man! Yum!" and not "Yuck! Headache!"

One of my housemates this summer used to drown himself in Axe body spray. It really did give me headaches.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Walking in the light
3,662 Posts
Amocholes said:
Exactly.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Bon said:
Amocholes said:
Exactly.
:agree I've been around guys that seem to take a bath in cologne and it was nauseating :puke Did more to make me want to get away from him than attract me :um

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
Inturmal said:
whiteclouds said:
I love a hint of cologne. Makes a man stand out.
That's one reason why I don't wear any anymore. I'd rather not call attention to myself.
Stand out in a good way.

Have a nice day,

·
Walking in the light
3,662 Posts
Hypatia said:
Inturmal said:
whiteclouds said:
That's one reason why I don't wear any anymore. I'd rather not call attention to myself.
Stand out in a good way.

Have a nice day,
Not even I will touch this one!

I know this Dr. ;) he smells wonderful, but you have to be close, that's the first time I found a scent alluring.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Hypatia said:
Inturmal said:
whiteclouds said:
Stand out in a good way.
well, of course. but it's still standing out. I'd rather be invisible. :)

But it is possible to stand out in a bad way too. Some smells are just nasty.. such as Axe body spray. and there's also a perfume that some older women seem to wear.. I call it the "old woman smell". :puke

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I don't wear cologne..I am indifferent to perfume. I have mentioned this before but certain scents annoy me. I don't like walking down the shampoo isle because I get overwhelmed and I don't like to use antiperspirants with strong deodorants or lotions that are scented.

Inturmal said:
But it is possible to stand out in a bad way too. Some smells are just nasty.. such as Axe body spray. and there's also a perfume that some older women seem to wear.. I call it the "old woman smell". :puke
It is a bad day, and you know you are getting old, when you start smelling like your parents. I think Carlin said that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts