Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take instant release adderall. and i was wondering... Do you gain tolerance to all the receptors adderall hits? even serotonin? I know you gain tolerance to dopamine and stuff but I thought it would even out and still give me an antidepressant effect. Ill probably try the magnesium thing. so what kind of magnesium do you have to take? i have oxide, but idk if that works.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I take instant release adderall. and i was wondering... Do you gain tolerance to all the receptors adderall hits? even serotonin? I know you gain tolerance to dopamine and stuff but I thought it would even out and still give me an antidepressant effect. Ill probably try the magnesium thing. so what kind of magnesium do you have to take? i have oxide, but idk if that works.
Adderall doesn't affect serotonin, as far as I know. And from what I've heard, the tolerance is noticeable in the motivation, sociability, while the concentration and anxiety are unaffected.

Magnesium citrate, glycinate, taurate, and others. Magnesium oxide is not very bioavailable at all. If those all give you diarrhea, try magnesium chloride through your skin.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it hits serotonin to a small degree, you can tell too. for me, serotonin controls tearfulness and sensitivty to sadness. like sad songs effect me if i dont have enough. Probably norepinepherine has some to do with it too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have a question about this too... how much magnesium should you take with adderall and when should you take it? For example, if you only take adderall occasionally does that mean you only need to take magnesium on the days you're taking adderall? And are you supposed to take it before, after, or at the same time as you take adderall?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Though it's never been clinically proven that magnesium helps with tolerance, as far as I know, lot's of people swear that it works. The best choice would probably be to take it every day, seeing as it is healthy in so many other ways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts