Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes it is easy to overlook the positive moments in life.

Regardless of life's troubles I'm sure we can all find at least one inspiring positive moment to reflect on.

For me it was being given a napkin to wipe my nose with by a woman I met during a bus trip.
At the time I was very frustrated with myself for flunking an exam and I had a slight cold. Ironically I was in the middle of thinking "screw all these people, I can hardly breathe on this overcrowded bus" when she noticed me struggling to prevent my nose from running. I was very surprised and literally smiled for the rest of the trip. Completely changed my day.

Anyone else had a positive moment?

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's great! I think people (all people) have a tendency to overlook the small things in life, which really do make a difference. Even something as small a random stranger with a tissue. They probably forget about the event by the next day, but you still remember it. Last winter I was having a truly awful day and when I was leaving work, I found out my car was stuck in the snow. It was freezing and I was tired and probably insanely grumpy, but this man in a minivan jumped out of his car full of kids, pulled a shovel out of no where, and immediately began digging me out. I've found when I do little things like that for other people, I have a better day too. Thanks for sharing!

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
Lovely thread. :)

Just this past weekend I was sitting in the vestibule of a local clothing store, reading my Kindle and waiting for my mother. A little old lady carrying some clothes in long plastic coverings came out, nearly tripping over the plastic. She went to push open the outside door but it was so heavy and she was so frail that she could barely get it to move. "Here, let me help," I said, and got up and held the door open for her so she could get to her car.

It's kind of lame but I like when I can help people out in little ways like that. :eek:ops

1 - 3 of 3 Posts