Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a little free verse poem i wrote this week. I hope its all right or that it all makes sense, as i intended. But all comments are welcome. I'm trying to work on my writing because its something that i enjoy.

I no longer wear a watch
The water dripped slowly from the clouds in globs like honey. It was as if time had slackened behind the pace of society. The future and the past were both things in the ground.
Humanity is fast as my sense of time in the past. Nature is slow as the rate that trees grow. I walk in a narrow way between the two at a pace all my own.
I am careful not to step into the placid puddles on the trail. For I hope not to disrupt the gentle medium I drift within.
This is the place where crinkly old clocks come to die.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I liked it. I was reminded for some reason of Dali's painting The Persistence of Memory (with the melting clocks). I must admit that on a second reading I found it gave me another impression than on my first reading. Which is good - I like a poem that I can learn, that adjusts itself in time according to the amount of attention I can pay it. Maybe a third reading, now...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts