Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

A little step forward...

763 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Canadian Brotha 
#1 ·
So I have been trying to get over my silly fear of using a shopping trolley/cart. I went to the shop a little while ago and used a 'mini' one. Well, this week I tried to do that again, but when I went to the shop there were no mini ones available! I got cranky at myself and used a basket instead.

But... today I went again and there were still no mini ones available. I circled the shopping centre and came back to the supermarket 3 times, waiting for one, and I was getting more and more stressed out. But the third time I was like "right, I'm just gonna have to get a basket or a normal sized one". I stood and paced at the front of the shop cos I wanted to get a trolley but I was having trouble making myself do it. I was panicking, but not in a big way. I got so self conscious, because I thought all these people would wonder why I was just standing there looking at the trolleys. Anyway, I finally went and got one! It was awful, and I spend half of the shopping trip feeling like I would cry. But I did it, and now I know I can :) I was so proud when I got to the checkout that I wished I could tell the checkout chick what I had achieved! Obviously that would have been an odd thing to do...

#4 ·
I hate it when I get the shopping cart (trolley :D) with the retarded wheel. it either wants to veer off to one side or it rattles and shakes, creating cacophony of attention.

Come to think of it, I avoid shopping carts too.

#5 ·
YOU DID IT!!! Congratulations mugwump :D

I hate it when I get the shopping cart (trolley :D) with the retarded wheel. it either wants to veer off to one side or it rattles and shakes, creating cacophony of attention.
:lol I hate when I get one of those too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.